“First evening meal at the bistro”

The Thirsty Owl Bistro
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Ovid
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An elegant French bistro offering a breathtaking view of Cayuga Lake from our covered wood porch or A/C dining room. Our cuisine is fresh, delicious and professionally prepared. We offer the finest appetizers, soups, salads and creative entrees that have become Finger Lakes Wine Trail favorites. Our dishes are prepared to complement our wonderful wines to satisfy our savvy guests.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four of us ate this early evening and had an excellent meal and service. Our server Mackenzie was very knowledgeable of the menu items and provided prompt courteous service. Appetizers were generous and excellent!! All three adults had scallops and they too were excellent. The lone youth had paste that was generous and very good. The live music was good and at very enjoyable level.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had lunch here. The view of the lake is beautiful! The service was great, the food was also very good. They have outside picnic tables for customers who are traveling with their pets.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Both chefs came out and spoke with me and my family great service exemplified by extraordinary food. Would recommend to anyone that enjoys a nice sunny summer afternoon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Both chefs came out and spoke with me and my family, great service exemplified by amazing food and music. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a nice sunny summer afternoon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I am a local, stopped in to check it out on my way back from Ithaca. They had a really nice menu. It’s simple and food you recognize, but at same time using fresh products from the Finger Lakes Region.

The President Jon and Executive Chef Sean are very professional and always a pleasure to see!

I selected the Salmon as my main course and paired with their best Chardonnay. The meal and wine were perfect for a quick bite and drink.

I will make it a point to return very soon and recommend to all family and friends!