“DO NOT FLY JETBLUE!!! You have been warned, they could care less about you as a customer!”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Family vacation of 9 booked travel to All inclusive resort in Punta Cana. Flight left Orlando on Saturday afternoon and arrived in San Juan, PR for connecting flight to Punta Cana. Flight then was delayed by an hour and asking the gate personnel we were informed that the 'Ground crew" has failed to show up yet. Minutes later, while getting food for my children, I received an email the flight was cancelled.
One back at the gate, the entire passenger manifest was in a long line to inquire about the next steps.
We waited 5 hours to speak to gate agent, we were then told that the next available flight was 2 days from now and the closest airport would be SANTO DOMINGO-- 3 HOURS DRIVE FROM OUR HOTEL!!
We then had to beg and plead for a place to stay in PR. They finally agreed to after all of us complained that my little kids couldn't sleep on the floor nor could our 85 year old grandmother do the same.
They proceeded to provide food vouchers for $300 for 2 days at the hotel for 9 people.
While exiting the PR airport we had to provide proof of vaccination or testing within 48hours, which was impossible on the weekend. We were then subject to $300 fine for everyone in our party (9).
Two days later, we once again were delayed 2 1/12 hours for our flight to Santo Domingo. Finally at arrival, we took a van to the hotel and arrived at 8pm, lost two days of our vacation, incurred $1k in expenses during our two days along with fines.

Once back home, I contact customer service and they are willing to do NOTHING to compensate both fines or costs incurred by staying in PR.

The canned response was, you should have had insurance.

I understand weather related cancellations but not a labor issue. This, if your reading other reviews, is happening very frequently.

Bite the bullet and pay a little more for a more reputable airlines. I will NEVER use them again and will tell EVERYONE to avoid this airlines like the plague!

Date of travel: July 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (18,273)

Reviewed 10 August 2021

going to Punta Cana we arrived at the airport 3 hours early as Jet Blue asked us to do, all along flight status said on time even seeing the plane outside thinking yes a great start to our vacation but as time went by no calls to board the plane, then Jet Blue stated they do not have a pilot to fly the plane and he was in New Jersey on his way here so would be over 1 hour delay, my stupid mind thinks Jet Blue already knows this would happen but treat us as sheep and just do not care about the passengers On the plane OMG the flight attendants kept yelling GET YOUR MASKS ON OR YOU CAN GO TO JAIL , I sat in row 2 so I heard them talking to each other one said he saw 3 passengers with their masks below their nose and then he went to yell at all of us, no wonder why issues on planes now . Return flight Jet Blue made us stand in line for almost 3 hours to check our bags with no AC at the airport 1 person passed out in line . Jet Blue was a good airline now the worst I have flown even worse than Spirit

Date of travel: July 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

I booked air/hotel package after reading the change/cancellation policy which states no change fees and must be done by phone. I started calling 5 days ago and still haven't spoke to anyone after being put on hold for hours and giving up or being disconnected. Now I think the window to cancel my existing reservation may have passed because NOBODY PICKS UP THE PHONE!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

I am not a beginner at traveling so when I say this was the poorest trained gate and cabin crew it is from many examples. The agents at the ticket counter seemed overwhelmed. Confused and unable to enter my precheck stats on the ticket which almost made me miss my flight. The crew made no attempt to control the passengers prior to takeoff causing a longer delay. The plane was old with no usb ports and was late departing because of a maintenance issue.

1  Thank richj65
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Everything was fine. The flight was delayed somewhat, about 15 minutes, there was some turbulence, but normal. They offered us drinks and snacks, at Spirit they are for sale. JetBlue had for sale and courtesy. Comfortable seats and entertainment, Spirit also has no entertainment. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Maryguel
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.