17 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$152
ExpediaUS$149
Trip.comUS$152
Hotels.comUS$149
TripadvisorUS$149
Agoda.com
1,122 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows manhattan view minimalist design rooftop bar boutique hotel industrial look new york corner room love this hotel street parking mini fridge central park gloria city nyc staycation subway
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2022

I’d booked a room for my boyfriend and me when my friend told me that it was in the perfect location in NYC, despite The Boro being in LIC, right outside Manhattan. She wasn’t wrong. I hadn't realized that my many stays at hotels in Manhattan were so unpleasant, almost discombobulating, until I finally ventured here to a bigger room, a better view, a quieter, cheaper place to sleep. It’s so easy to get into Manhattan from here, it’s ONE train stop to Central Park, and we all know the only way to get around here nowadays is through a train ride followed by a cab or a walk.

By far the best part of my stay was the service. I discovered The Boro is owned and run on-site by a family of 4 women. Every day I saw one of the owners working at the front desk, super attentive and considerate. They checked each on us time they saw a guest to make sure their stay was going well. Really pleasant women. I was glad to support them.

Fantastic restaurant
Great cocktails
Clean clean clean!
Very comfortable beds
Free coffee

My only complaint was that the hours for their rooftop’s bar was unclear on their website/ instagram. I mentioned this to the desk and they clarified and actually made a note of this as feedback for the manager.

I was reluctant to write this as it’s so rare to find a hotel this spectacular at such a low price, but I felt I’d be remiss if I didn’t give The Boro the credit they deserve.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Services Team Member, Guest Services / Front Office at Boro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

We appreciate your wonderful feedback! The team is thrilled to hear you've enjoyed your stay. We'll always provide details about our rooftop bar upon request at the desk or via email. We are looking to incorporate more information on our website and socials about our rooftop schedule. If our rooftop isn't open, please join us for a drink at our Beebe's bar!

Reviewed 25 June 2022 via mobile

Industrial and modern aesthetic that still maintains its warmth. Our stay was extremely comfortable. Service and staff top notch in every way. We had an amazing room on the 11th floor with an exception view of the city. Location was fantastic, convenient enough to get into the city, quiet enough when we wanted to get away. Highlight besides the view was our mattress. We slept so well after a long grueling 9 hour flight. Highly recommend.

Für die Deutschen: Was für ein schönes und gemütliches Hotel. Unser Aufenthalt war in jeder Hinsicht top, vom Service bis zur außergewöhnlichen Qualität des Zimmers. Absolut großartige Aussicht auf die Stadt. Absolut wiederholungswert.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are thrilled with your review. Boro takes a lot of pride in our city views and convenient location. We'll be sure to let our staff know they are so appreciated. Wir hoffen, dass Deutschland so schön ist, wie es aussieht, und dass Sie uns irgendwann wieder besuchen!

Boro Managemant

Reviewed 9 June 2022

First time staying at Boro! Came for several events that were in NYC. Staff was very friendly, and the rooms were very clean. Liz was very helpful with everything we needed. Highly recommend anyone to stay here!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Liz is so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you on property again sometime. Hope you enjoyed your events and visiting our city.

Reviewed 8 June 2022

Room is clean and comfortable, all wood/tile floors (which i love, hate dingy carpets yuck!) . Staff is very kind and friendly. The restaurant is very good, just opens a little too late for breakfast for our liking, we had to leave for the morning by 9 am and couldn't eat breakfast. But we love that the restaurant makes great pizza as we know there will always be something our picky daughter will eat. There is a small gym too with a treadmill, elliptical, weights, heavy bag and a bench. We stayed once in 2021 and again in 2022 and was so glad to see services/amenities back to normal post COVID.
Bed is quite comfortable. Views are amazing!!
The best part is the location! We love that it's a pretty quiet area, but SO close to Manhattan, Williamsburg and Bushwick which are basically the places we're always going to when we're in NY. Check out the barbeque restaurant a couple blocks away if you're looking for some good eats, their BBQ is very well made.
Will definitely keep coming back to this hotel! Please don't hike up the price so we can keep making Boro Hotel our home in NY! ;)

Room tip: Try get a room on the higher floors for some great views!
Date of stay: June 2022

We don't like dingy carpets either! Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback. We do offer free coffee and tea at our cafe bar from 5:30 to 9:00am, along with an assortment of pastries, snacks, and sweets. Beebe's breakfast opens at 8am. We are glad to note to the food and beverage team that an earlier breakfast could be more convenient for some of our guests. We hope you can enjoy your stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2022 via mobile

We traveled from Chicago to spend a few days in NYC for our anniversary- we didn’t want to stay in Manhattan and this hotel was a perfect location for us! The surrounding area doesn’t look great but it was fine- being from another big city it wasn’t a big deal to us at all- we felt safe walking to and from places and trains at night- but again we’re from a big city and just used to being in that kind of environment.

Close to the train for easy and cheap access to literally everywhere. We took the train to Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yankee stadium all from the hotel. We also walked to Steinway st from the hotel- close to restaurants/shops and bars.

We were given a room on a lower floor and we asked to be higher up or if we can upgrade and they had no issue accompanying us.
The rooms are very minimal and very lofty-
concrete walls big windows, really beautiful if that’s what you’re looking for- they gave us a list of everything that was available to be delivered to the room if we needed it. We ordered a small fridge and an iron/ironing board. Delivered with no issues.

The view from the room was beautiful. One night was a bad thunderstorm and watching it from the big glass window was so pretty.

Everyone there was helpful and friendly. I felt like this was a great hotel for couples or trips with no kids- I wouldn’t say it’s not kid friendly but I know my kids would probably get bored there as it seems more designed for adults.

My only complaint was the bed, it was very loud the minute you sat on it- so when sleeping and anyone moved it was really loud and I would wake up. Comfort level wasn’t bad just really loud.

I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great time!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a helpful review. Our staff will be glad to hear they could be so helpful and we carefully consider all your feedback. Happy Anniversary-- We hope your stay at Boro was very romantic!