Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$148
View deal
eDreams
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
SuperTravel
All reviews unique hotel subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia ave
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2022

We couldn't rave more about this awesome palce. From the moment you walk in youe feel the vibe of a fun and funky hostel, but it has all the amenities of a hotel and the greatest staff. Julius was wonderful to recommend a lot of things to do in NYC. Our room was clean and comfy and large. We loved the games room and the gym and the common areas in the lobby. Great location too! Steps from the Subway station which is two stops from midtown Manhattan. We loved the All-American Coffee Shop next door for breakfast every morning to start our day. We were lucky with free street parking for 4/5 nights, but found a parking agrage close by for the last night - but you don't want a car in NYC anyways. Thank you to all the staff for making our visit a genuinely great experience.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 25 June 2022

This hotel is outstanding! I highly recommend it. Extremely clean, comfortable bed and nice decor. Lovely common areas. Friendly and helpful front desk staff.
Restaurant closed but great coffe place across the street.

Room tip: Only a subway ride to. Manhattan or Uber!
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 3 May 2022

I am still waiting to be issued a check-out receipt, I stayed at the hotel, recently, checking in on April 29th, and I was supposed to check out May 3, but I left, on May 1st. Th e peopl at the desk, person, (one) said I was 'All Set'. I have no receipt, I requested one when I left, I told them I was leaving the day before, and the desk staff was pleasant but I never got a receipt. They have not returned my calls, I left because the hotel room was like large jail cell, cold concrete floors and that sparse decor theme needs to be accented with ...an armchair? a comforter? Nothing. No chair except one straight back chair metal/wood at a desk without a lamp. No luggage rack. Only two bath sized towels when I arrived. There are NO services, a small hard-to-read map print out sends you into the industrial area "neighborhood' for food, coffee. The grab-and-go which they once had is gone. Everything around was closed on Sunday. I had stayed at the hotel before Covid. Even the decor in the lobby, funky antiques , is gone. The room was undecorated. It offered NOTHING. Everything that is listed as an amenity seems to be gone. They did bring me an addition plastic chair, a lamp, more towels, water, there was no refrigerator. Nothing. It could be and once was a well equipped convenience in an area where they are few places for travellers. Now it is just sad, and I will probably never get any consideration for leaving early, since i cannot even get a receipt. The lobby looks abandoned, large restaurant space store the unused tables and chairs. This is more than Covid safety. This is just plain lack of concern for guests.

Room tip: Check the furnishings! Sparse to the point of being 'empty'.
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 1 May 2022 via mobile

The hotel served its purpose and that was to provide a place to sleep. But there comes a time when style choices over functionality is seriously problematic. For starters this hotel has an industrial aesthetic down to the concrete floors in the rooms. Their wall units are tricky which leads to either an extremely hot or frigid rooms. There is an ice machine but we didn’t have an ice bucket. They used cool penny tile in the shower but it wasn’t level which created large puddles in the shower for hours leading to a rather mildew smell.

Worse yet, they indiscriminately placed refrigerators in only a few rooms. That was a big problem for me as I am breast feeding and needed to store expressed milk. Luckily the front desk agreed to hold them in their fridge which honestly is the least they could do.

Room tip: There is free street parking on the weekends. Be mindful your room might not have a fridge.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

When comparing 4-star hotels you, paper collective looks like a sure bet. In reality it's far from it, outdated rooms, extremely poor service, coupled with a sketchy area makes for unpleasant experience.

Went on a family trip to New York, booked for 6 nights hoping to have a great time exploring NYC. With the station nearby it did make a lot sense. However, I ended up wasting 2 days just finding another hotel to check-in to and save some days to actually enjoy NYC.

Other than proximity to a station, there is nothing of note in this hotel. Photos and website are superb, but once you show up it's far from what was expected.

Think about this hotel as a 2-star property and you'll realize it's overpriced. Also, they are yet to refund me the deposit you are charged on arrival. Most hotels just take a hold. For some reason the hotel believes the deposit belongs to them as well, ridiculous after being charged close to $90 per night for weekday stay. I'm never ever thinking of booking here again.

Room tip: Better to avoid and stay at a chain 2 star or motel. Don't even consider if priced above $50 per night
Date of stay: February 2022