Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$148
View deal
Trip.com
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
SuperTravel
All reviews unique hotel subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia ave
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022

I am still waiting to be issued a check-out receipt, I stayed at the hotel, recently, checking in on April 29th, and I was supposed to check out May 3, but I left, on May 1st. Th e peopl at the desk, person, (one) said I was 'All Set'. I have no receipt, I requested one when I left, I told them I was leaving the day before, and the desk staff was pleasant but I never got a receipt. They have not returned my calls, I left because the hotel room was like large jail cell, cold concrete floors and that sparse decor theme needs to be accented with ...an armchair? a comforter? Nothing. No chair except one straight back chair metal/wood at a desk without a lamp. No luggage rack. Only two bath sized towels when I arrived. There are NO services, a small hard-to-read map print out sends you into the industrial area "neighborhood' for food, coffee. The grab-and-go which they once had is gone. Everything around was closed on Sunday. I had stayed at the hotel before Covid. Even the decor in the lobby, funky antiques , is gone. The room was undecorated. It offered NOTHING. Everything that is listed as an amenity seems to be gone. They did bring me an addition plastic chair, a lamp, more towels, water, there was no refrigerator. Nothing. It could be and once was a well equipped convenience in an area where they are few places for travellers. Now it is just sad, and I will probably never get any consideration for leaving early, since i cannot even get a receipt. The lobby looks abandoned, large restaurant space store the unused tables and chairs. This is more than Covid safety. This is just plain lack of concern for guests.

Room tip: Check the furnishings! Sparse to the point of being 'empty'.
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 1 May 2022 via mobile

The hotel served its purpose and that was to provide a place to sleep. But there comes a time when style choices over functionality is seriously problematic. For starters this hotel has an industrial aesthetic down to the concrete floors in the rooms. Their wall units are tricky which leads to either an extremely hot or frigid rooms. There is an ice machine but we didn’t have an ice bucket. They used cool penny tile in the shower but it wasn’t level which created large puddles in the shower for hours leading to a rather mildew smell.

Worse yet, they indiscriminately placed refrigerators in only a few rooms. That was a big problem for me as I am breast feeding and needed to store expressed milk. Luckily the front desk agreed to hold them in their fridge which honestly is the least they could do.

Room tip: There is free street parking on the weekends. Be mindful your room might not have a fridge.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

When comparing 4-star hotels you, paper collective looks like a sure bet. In reality it's far from it, outdated rooms, extremely poor service, coupled with a sketchy area makes for unpleasant experience.

Went on a family trip to New York, booked for 6 nights hoping to have a great time exploring NYC. With the station nearby it did make a lot sense. However, I ended up wasting 2 days just finding another hotel to check-in to and save some days to actually enjoy NYC.

Other than proximity to a station, there is nothing of note in this hotel. Photos and website are superb, but once you show up it's far from what was expected.

Think about this hotel as a 2-star property and you'll realize it's overpriced. Also, they are yet to refund me the deposit you are charged on arrival. Most hotels just take a hold. For some reason the hotel believes the deposit belongs to them as well, ridiculous after being charged close to $90 per night for weekday stay. I'm never ever thinking of booking here again.

Room tip: Better to avoid and stay at a chain 2 star or motel. Don't even consider if priced above $50 per night
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2022

I would not recommend staying here unless you don’t mind items going missing from your room (and then being told you should have used the safe) and/or dirty sheets & pillows. The concept itself is unique, but sadly the place is so far below 4 stars, I’m not sure where that rating came from.

On December 25th, my boyfriend & I checked in. The night we checked in, we were getting settled in the room and noticed stains on the bed sheets. We let the front desk know, and she immediately moved us to one of their nicer suites assuring us it would be clean. We got to the room and noticed stains on our pillows. At this point, we decided to just ask for new pillows and go to sleep.

The next day, I got ready to go out, and we requested house keeping for that day. I had brought a few specific dresses with me that I planned to wear, as it was the holidays and my birthday. When I went to look for one on the third day of our stay, and noticed the one I wanted to wear wasn’t there, I knew something was wrong. I thought maybe housekeeping picked it up by accident, so we told the front desk. They said house keeping didn’t find anything and a police report needs to be filed for a missing item. We went back to our room and turned everything upside down looking for this dress, and couldn’t believe someone would just take it. Sadly, we couldn’t find it and knew someone did actually steal my dress from our room. I knew it was missing because I bought it specifically for our holiday weekend, but not everyone would notice CLOTHING gone missing. How many other people has this happened to? What else might they have taken? Naturally, we didn’t feel comfortable leaving our belongings in the room. We took everything of value that we could with us when we went out. We also asked them to check the cameras, but of course they did not oblige.

The next day, we were finally checking out. The manager said she’s waiving the “resort fee” to make up for the inconvenience. We didn’t even know there would be a resort fee, so we didn’t agree that would be enough. The dress I had was also pretty expensive. We were then told there’s a safe in the room that we could have used. Were we really supposed to stuff our clothes in there? She also inquired as to why we didn’t wait for the police to come to file the report (we waited about 3 hours and then decided to go on with our plans and not allow this situation to ruin our trip). This entire experience was so off-putting and sad.

If this person, whether it was housekeeping or someone else who works there, knew they could get away with stealing a DRESS, I certainly would not trust them with any other valuable items. That, plus the lack of cleanliness and safety, I definitely wouldn’t recommend staying here. We have stayed at other hotels in the same area and highly recommend either Vista LIC or Boro Hotel (a bit pricier, but a million times better if you’re looking for an actual 4 star experience).

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2022

We had an O/N stay here in Jan 2022.. Between the health protocol and what seems to be recent renovations, we did not get to experience the hotel as it seems to be pictured. The book column , in many of the prior pictures is gone. The bar and much of the shared seating is closed.

The staff did as best they could to make the stay comfortable. The rooms had decent set ups.

Date of stay: January 2022