Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
View deal
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$140
ZenHotels.com
All reviews unique hotel cool place subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2021 via mobile

The Collective is going out of business and everyone knows it. The staff are rude and dismissive. The restaurant and bar have been stripped bare of all its inventory. There’s nothing around the hotel so you have a vending machine and a 7/11 to choose from for dining. The thermostat is set to heat only, so if you like sleeping in cooler temperatures you are forced to both turn on the furnace and open the windows to freezing temperatures. The only positive: You can tell great care was taken to select the furniture and the bedding. Skip it though.

Room tip: Avoid the elevator near the doors. Scary noises aren’t fun. Take the one by the front desk.
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank rodneywollam
Reviewed 13 November 2021

I made a reservation with this hotel a few months ago. Since then, I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to cancel this reservation. The "Modify Reservation" link on the email confirmation is broken, no one answers the phone at the hotel (just an endless phone tree), and they don't respond to emails. Based on this experience, I can only imagine the disaster the hotel must be.

Date of stay: November 2021
2  Thank Plato99
Reviewed 31 October 2021

I was excited to check out this place given my most recent stay in a "warehouse-ish" lodge in upstate New York was quite amazing. The Collective Paper Factory however... did not live up to the hype. I've never been to hotel that I felt unsafe at night but this place did. As soon as we parked our car (on the street), my husband noticed there were lots of broken car window glasses around the area, so his first instinct was we should find a garage. Upon checking in, we learned there were no garages nearby, so we had to leave our car outside unless we want to walk 10-15 mins (in the area now appeared to us not very safe) to the garage. From there everything went down the hill. The room was old and cold (heater's not on yet). The bed was hard and the sheets were rough. The worst thing was... I saw the ceiling leaking in the morning so the chair was all wet. Thankfully we had nothing on the chair but the overall experience was just terrible. It was a very uneasy night for the both of us and honestly...now I need to reconsider whether staying in a warehouse is a good idea next time.

1  Thank sukichao
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

They turned one of the rooms into COVID 19 testing clinic. They did not inform guests at check in nor are there any signs to indicate that testing for a highly communicable, deadly virus is taking place inside. There was line of 20-30, people, some of them without mask, some coughing and sneezing right at my room door. These patients, if infected, could be responsible for the spread Covid throughout country and internationally. This pandemic will never end because of businesses like this that prioritize profits over people. I believe NYC authorities and governor office should intervene and stop this craziness. Stay safe and stay away from this place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S4530GEalexf
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

The Paper Factory is a great hotel with excellent amenities. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. It is also a block away from the 36th street subway station, and 15 mins from Laguardia, so a very convenient location. I will absolutely stay here next time I come to NYC.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple