3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$148
View deal
Agoda.comUS$148
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
SuperTravel
All reviews unique hotel subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia ave
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2021

I was excited to check out this place given my most recent stay in a "warehouse-ish" lodge in upstate New York was quite amazing. The Collective Paper Factory however... did not live up to the hype. I've never been to hotel that I felt unsafe at night but this place did. As soon as we parked our car (on the street), my husband noticed there were lots of broken car window glasses around the area, so his first instinct was we should find a garage. Upon checking in, we learned there were no garages nearby, so we had to leave our car outside unless we want to walk 10-15 mins (in the area now appeared to us not very safe) to the garage. From there everything went down the hill. The room was old and cold (heater's not on yet). The bed was hard and the sheets were rough. The worst thing was... I saw the ceiling leaking in the morning so the chair was all wet. Thankfully we had nothing on the chair but the overall experience was just terrible. It was a very uneasy night for the both of us and honestly...now I need to reconsider whether staying in a warehouse is a good idea next time.

1  Thank sukichao
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

They turned one of the rooms into COVID 19 testing clinic. They did not inform guests at check in nor are there any signs to indicate that testing for a highly communicable, deadly virus is taking place inside. There was line of 20-30, people, some of them without mask, some coughing and sneezing right at my room door. These patients, if infected, could be responsible for the spread Covid throughout country and internationally. This pandemic will never end because of businesses like this that prioritize profits over people. I believe NYC authorities and governor office should intervene and stop this craziness. Stay safe and stay away from this place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S4530GEalexf
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

The Paper Factory is a great hotel with excellent amenities. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. It is also a block away from the 36th street subway station, and 15 mins from Laguardia, so a very convenient location. I will absolutely stay here next time I come to NYC.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2021

This hotel is in a great location - close to the Subway for easy access to Manhattan. The hotel also looks modern and industrial from the outside.

However, the room are dark, dirty, super low on amenities, and poorly designed. Should have believed the latest reviews. Our room did not have a coffee machine (while all other rooms did). When we asked the front desk, we were told they would send a new one, which never arrived. The room did not have any extra pillows or comforters. The bathroom floor was sticky and not that clean when we arrived. Other minor issues - the room has one switch for the lights near the door, and none near the bed - so you gotta get up, turn off the lights and then make your way to the bed in the dark. Who designed these rooms?

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

If it weren’t for the relatively nice staff and proximity to the airport, this rating would be lower. The room we received looked nothing like any of the pictures. The bed was springy and uncomfortable. The pillows were thin and felt empty. We asked the front desk for 4 more pillows and were told “absolutely.” Then someone from service arrived and told us, “I’m only giving you 2.” The shower looked dirty and there was hair coming out of the drain (before anyone had showered). There was little to no lighting available in the room, so it felt dark the whole time. In fact, one of the 4 available small, dim lights was out. No fridge, so if you’re expecting that, I would be sure to ask. Just overall not the most pleasant experience… And it was disappointing because I have stayed here twice before and had a MUCH better experience. It seems as if some of the rooms are fine and some of the rooms are just awful. I have yet to find a great one. Do not recommend.

Room tip: No Fridge in Some Rooms!
Date of stay: September 2021