Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$148
View deal
eDreams
FindHotel
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews unique hotel subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia ave
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

They turned one of the rooms into COVID 19 testing clinic. They did not inform guests at check in nor are there any signs to indicate that testing for a highly communicable, deadly virus is taking place inside. There was line of 20-30, people, some of them without mask, some coughing and sneezing right at my room door. These patients, if infected, could be responsible for the spread Covid throughout country and internationally. This pandemic will never end because of businesses like this that prioritize profits over people. I believe NYC authorities and governor office should intervene and stop this craziness. Stay safe and stay away from this place.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S4530GEalexf
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

The Paper Factory is a great hotel with excellent amenities. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. It is also a block away from the 36th street subway station, and 15 mins from Laguardia, so a very convenient location. I will absolutely stay here next time I come to NYC.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2021

This hotel is in a great location - close to the Subway for easy access to Manhattan. The hotel also looks modern and industrial from the outside.

However, the room are dark, dirty, super low on amenities, and poorly designed. Should have believed the latest reviews. Our room did not have a coffee machine (while all other rooms did). When we asked the front desk, we were told they would send a new one, which never arrived. The room did not have any extra pillows or comforters. The bathroom floor was sticky and not that clean when we arrived. Other minor issues - the room has one switch for the lights near the door, and none near the bed - so you gotta get up, turn off the lights and then make your way to the bed in the dark. Who designed these rooms?

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

If it weren’t for the relatively nice staff and proximity to the airport, this rating would be lower. The room we received looked nothing like any of the pictures. The bed was springy and uncomfortable. The pillows were thin and felt empty. We asked the front desk for 4 more pillows and were told “absolutely.” Then someone from service arrived and told us, “I’m only giving you 2.” The shower looked dirty and there was hair coming out of the drain (before anyone had showered). There was little to no lighting available in the room, so it felt dark the whole time. In fact, one of the 4 available small, dim lights was out. No fridge, so if you’re expecting that, I would be sure to ask. Just overall not the most pleasant experience… And it was disappointing because I have stayed here twice before and had a MUCH better experience. It seems as if some of the rooms are fine and some of the rooms are just awful. I have yet to find a great one. Do not recommend.

Room tip: No Fridge in Some Rooms!
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2021

This place is disappointing on a number of fronts. Firstly, they sell their rooms as having a kitchenette, but when you get to the room that amounts to a sink, a coffee machine and a microwave. All hotel rooms in the world have a sink (in the bathroom) and some type of coffee making abilities. You don’t have a kitchenette, you have a microwave - please don’t misrepresent yourself.

2ndly, lack of service. Firstly, there is a literal lack of housekeeping service, due to COVID, unless if explicitly scheduled. That is fine, however they don’t tell you that which means by the time you’ve got back to your room at 3pm and have figured it out, it’s too late to schedule one.

3rdly, trying to get basic linen replaced due to lack of housekeeping. I had to call four times to ask for new towels and some toiletries. On my 3rd time, I incorrectly mentioned I had called 4 times over the space of a few hours, and she responded “No sir, this was only the third time”. Fair point, but rather than trying to fix the problem expeditiously she refocused the issue onto a non germane point which was to quibble about how many times I’d called and spoken to her.

4thly, on my 4th time calling it came to light that the reason the service was such a mess was they had only 1 housekeeping person working the entire hotel. He then used this as a pushback as to why I should be patient - I understand the logistical constraints but surely a hotel of this size should have more than 1 staff.

Generally the hotel is artsy/hippie and prettier than your standard airport hotel, however it belongs in the 100 usd range rather than 200-400 usd range. Also, no porters at all to help with moving bags, just a couple of people behind a desk hanging out.

Date of stay: July 2021