Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$148
View deal
Trip.com
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
SuperTravel
All reviews unique hotel subway station industrial area ice machine easy access to manhattan lobby astoria nyc stops loft block warehouse uber garage lic laguardia ave
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

If it weren’t for the relatively nice staff and proximity to the airport, this rating would be lower. The room we received looked nothing like any of the pictures. The bed was springy and uncomfortable. The pillows were thin and felt empty. We asked the front desk for 4 more pillows and were told “absolutely.” Then someone from service arrived and told us, “I’m only giving you 2.” The shower looked dirty and there was hair coming out of the drain (before anyone had showered). There was little to no lighting available in the room, so it felt dark the whole time. In fact, one of the 4 available small, dim lights was out. No fridge, so if you’re expecting that, I would be sure to ask. Just overall not the most pleasant experience… And it was disappointing because I have stayed here twice before and had a MUCH better experience. It seems as if some of the rooms are fine and some of the rooms are just awful. I have yet to find a great one. Do not recommend.

Room tip: No Fridge in Some Rooms!
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2021

This place is disappointing on a number of fronts. Firstly, they sell their rooms as having a kitchenette, but when you get to the room that amounts to a sink, a coffee machine and a microwave. All hotel rooms in the world have a sink (in the bathroom) and some type of coffee making abilities. You don’t have a kitchenette, you have a microwave - please don’t misrepresent yourself.

2ndly, lack of service. Firstly, there is a literal lack of housekeeping service, due to COVID, unless if explicitly scheduled. That is fine, however they don’t tell you that which means by the time you’ve got back to your room at 3pm and have figured it out, it’s too late to schedule one.

3rdly, trying to get basic linen replaced due to lack of housekeeping. I had to call four times to ask for new towels and some toiletries. On my 3rd time, I incorrectly mentioned I had called 4 times over the space of a few hours, and she responded “No sir, this was only the third time”. Fair point, but rather than trying to fix the problem expeditiously she refocused the issue onto a non germane point which was to quibble about how many times I’d called and spoken to her.

4thly, on my 4th time calling it came to light that the reason the service was such a mess was they had only 1 housekeeping person working the entire hotel. He then used this as a pushback as to why I should be patient - I understand the logistical constraints but surely a hotel of this size should have more than 1 staff.

Generally the hotel is artsy/hippie and prettier than your standard airport hotel, however it belongs in the 100 usd range rather than 200-400 usd range. Also, no porters at all to help with moving bags, just a couple of people behind a desk hanging out.

2  Thank 324yn
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Great hotel, location and stay. Rooms were super cozy, clean and cute! Staff was amazing, especially Katie. She was a doll. Went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and taken care of.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank irmalunaa
Reviewed 5 July 2021

What a wonderful surprise. This unique hotel that used to be a paper factory is just adorable. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were Very accommodating and helpful. The hotel maintained the rustic feel of the paper factory yet still felt new and clean. Great stay,

1  Thank Sheryl P
Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

Great hotel and location, check in easy, hotel very clean, room has almost all needed except the floor is concrete and it’s very cold so some provided slippers would be really appreciated, as an addition. Thank goodness I had flip flops with me. I would stay here again, the bed was very comfortable and there is a deli in the corner outside so you can get a to go breakfast on mornings.

Room tip: Pack bedroom slippers in luggage
Trip type: Travelled solo