Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
Hotels.com
US$93
Agoda.com
US$97
ExpediaUS$93
ZenHotels.comUS$119
Trip.com
All reviews new york staff was very friendly and helpful convenient location laguardia airport block subway nyc city lines brooklyn
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2019

The staff were helpful, friendly and the rooms clean but small. The location is not very close to times square, empire state building and the general downtown area of broadway New York. Their breakfast is good although the space is small. My bed wasn't stable, as if the base had broken when we checked in but we called them and they fixed it fast.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank staajabuatravel
RedL239, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear staajabuatravel,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2019

i would have gave this place 5 stars as i genuinely enjoyed my two nights at the hotel itself - great room, close to the subway, great fast food restaurants around, free breakfast which wasn't bad, only thing that made my stay at the hotel uncomfortable was one of the the female receptionists, she looked so miserable and dismissed a question i asked, so i asked her again and she just gave me a look and answered so rudely i felt so angry,. but i wasn't going to let a miserable person ruin my trip, funny thing is another guest said the same thing during breakfast like someone who makes the business look bad should either be re-trained or fired. anyway guys the hotel itself is great i highly recommend and oh the young female receptionists who sat next to the elevator was very helpful. just the one who sat next to her had VERY VERY POOR customer service skills.

2  Thank LindaJones312

Dear LindaJones312,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

Just came home from staying at this hotel. If you don’t want to be in the city, it’s a bit quieter. A few restaurants around, but not much. Give the area 2 years and there will be more.
The Hotel, tired would be a good description. Rips in the towels, things broken, wallpaper peeling, 3 ice machines only one working, and an awful elevator. The continental breakfast was not worth it. Egg substitute mix for eggs and not a lot of choice. For an 80 people plus hotel there were 16 seats in a 8’ x 30’ room. Staff was nice but not helpful with the area, in fact told us it wasn’t safe to walk around. We did not find that at all and walked from the diner at 9:30 pm.
Great restaurants close -
Court Square Diner (opened 1946)- cheap home cooked meals, big portions)
Sapps Japanese Food (good food, nice atmosphere)
Luzzo’s - about a block away, really good
I was travelling with vegetarians, and all had options.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank michelet384
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2019

Dear Michele,
Though our location gave you easy access to various restaurants, we'd like to apologize for not meeting your standards when it comes to our amenities and service. Your feedback will be considered as an opportunity for various updates in the future.
Please consider choosing us again.

Reviewed 17 October 2019

We;re there this past Tuesday on 15th October .. Unfortunately we were not happy with their poor WiFi and TV services.. There was incidence that they had power outage in queens that;s what they told us .. Now I am not sure whether it was true or not. Because I didn't see any news / topic on that matter except about 5 days ago . Even if i was true that they should have told us when we checked in..
The sad part was ... Unprofessional assist ..
The lady who was answered to our question of why the TV/ WiFi is not working.
" There is nothing we can control .. It's cable Not Direct TV " she kept repeated to us without most important part which is sorry which makes us feeling better.

" I am so sorry for this inconvenient. We apologize for that.."
I've been stayed at many hotel .. and mostly they'd add " We're sorry for this inconvenient .." .
but I am sorry to mention about this lady she was not professional whatsoever
The receptionist is the face of hotel! If you're not in a good mood but be professional!
I understand that there are so many kind of people to deal even when you are on your bad hair day. She needs to learn that's why I am mentioning .. as advice.
Hope she will be better and she will be.

The hotel seemed gotta beat up LOL the wall paper was peeling off .. lol
I think it is an old hotel.

Good parts were as follows.
Room was clean .. The bathtub was big deep. I saw a Jacuzzi Gotta excited but it was not working ...
Location was great walk to train station within 3 minutes.
There are lots of restaurant, coffee shops and all kinds .

Good luck to you guys and smile/ greetings are important if you work at the hotel as receptionist

2  Thank AnnabelleNYC
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Dear Annabelle,
Thank you for notifying us about the details of your recent time with us. We are delighted to hear that you found our convenient location, near various shops and restaurants, and well-maintained rooms remarkable. However, we are saddened to hear about the other aspects of your stay that didn't live up to your expectations. On behalf of our team, please accept our apologies for the guest service that fell short of our standards. We always strive to ensure the best customer service is provided to every guest who we are lucky enough to serve, so it disappoints us to hear your accounts. Rest assured that we'll speak with our team to ensure that our goals are fully met and continuously observed. We know we can do better and would appreciate the chance to demonstrate it.

Reviewed 26 August 2019

Well, were to begin. I have been to NY before and know what to expect from hotels and hotelstaff but this time I was with my family and 2 kids. We have chosen this hotel based on the reviews and overall I agree. It is very conveniently located to the subway which will bring you to Time Square in about 10-15 minutes. The breakfast area is a joke and best to be avoited. 3 tables and virtually no choices. Go to the Court Square diner! Fantastic place with great pancakes, french toast and staff.
We had to change rooms due to a 'bug' problem and the only thing we got was a meager sorry. But perhaps this falls under the NY expectations.

Room tip: Parking is challenging. We parked at 42-14 27th St Parking which turned out great and felt save. It will cost you 25 dollars overnight
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank DrRobert78
RedL239, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Dear DrRobert78,