Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$145
ZenHotels.comUS$162
Trip.com
Snaptravel
1,295 results
All reviews new york subway neighborhood manhattan city bridge convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2022

Terrible experience. I arrived after midnight and was hoping to find a room. They didn't have one for the night which is understandable. However, I purchased two upcoming nights and sat in the lobby for 10 minutes before being removed like I was a vagrant. This is after the gentlemen behind the counter said I can hang around for 30 minutes and gave me the wifi. I've recommended this place numerous times in the past to visiting clients and friends. Never again. There are better hotels within walking distance that are far nicer. I was treated like I didn't matter at all. Which is not how hotels are supposed to treat paying customers.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2022

I had stayed once before at this hotel with no problems. And yes, it is not up to par with Marriott but it was then clean and sufficient to be close to the city. But this time,
after arriving late and straight to be awoke to a shower that trickled cold water. The front desk did say they could get someone but I couldn't wait for that as we were heading to meet family. I then got a good look at the room, the furniture had whitish mold on it both the bureau and the desk, the bed skirt also had white powder mildew on it - it was like I was in a 2nd rate motel. I have emailed 3x with no response from management or Wyndham themselves, terrible customer service. I will not pursue a reward program as I will likely not stay at another Wyndham after this experience.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 20 April 2022

Stayed here as it was close proximity to my meeting location and close to Manhattan. Was only at the hotel to sleep a few hours during the nights we stayed. Safe neighborhood. They have a parking lot but you have to pay to park there. We were fortunate to find street parking outside the hotel. There is no meters in effect around the hotel. The room was ok. The shower head and shower drain could use a good cleaning and there was no ice machine on our floor but all in all we had a good stay and would go back.

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 January 2022

It was hard to write this review because my experience with this hotel ranged from disastrous to excellent, so I'll just point out each experience individually:

the good:
-Michael at the front desk. Always helpful and truly tried to help us with our concerns.
-they don't offer breakfast but they leave some brown bags with muffins, granola bars, some fruit and there are small water bottles always available at the front desk.
-reasonably priced.
-about 10 mins away from the nearest metro station that goes straight to Manhattan.
-room was ok. No frills.

The bad:
-when I made my reservation in December last year, I used a 3rd party site (it was impossible to access the hotel's website). Apparently there was some kind of problem with the hotel's "system" and it was not recognizing 3rd party reservations (or so they informed me when I called them). Thankfully, zenhotels, the 3rd party I used to make my reservation, took charge of the matter and made sure the hotel recognized my reservation. Had I left it to the hotel I would've lost my money and had to make another reservation. That is just inexcusable.
-the neighborhood is weird. It appears that it is transitioning from industrial to residential, so there are many warehouses and garages and part of the buildings are being reconditioned. It's not bad per se, just weird, because 2 blocks away from the hotel in any direction the neighborhood looks nicer.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 28 December 2021

I chose this hotel because I've always had good experiences with Wyndham, and also it was close to down town New York for a fraction of the price; it's about a 10 minute walk to the subway, then a 10 minute ride to Manhattan. The property is supposedly new however it is extremely run down. The lobby reeked of marijuana and was very dirty. There were suspicious looking guys hanging around late at night, perhaps friends of the night staff. I thought to myself, as long as the room was clean, which it was OK. I also had issues with the hot water. The restaurant was closed but I found a good egg sandwich at the little corner store next to the property. The staff was helpful and friendly. Not sure if I'd stay there again, I guess it would come down to price.

Date of stay: December 2021
Wyndham Garden LIC, Other at Wyndham Garden Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2022

Thank you for your valuable feedback. As we continue to upgrade and improve our services your concern will be addressed accordingly. Hope to see you again in the future.