Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$145
ZenHotels.comUS$162
Trip.com
Snaptravel
1,295 results
All reviews new york subway neighborhood manhattan city bridge convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2020

Neat and clean place to stay in Long Island City. This hotel was on my company's preferred list of hotels because of the rate and proximity to NYC. It has limited parking at a reasonable rate (this is a primarily why I decided to stay here, since I was driving in). Be careful you might dive past the driveway, it comes up quick. I was a little frustrated they no longer have a business center, I was in a pinch and needed to print some handouts for a training I was preparing to give. No microwave but my room did have a mini fridge. Nice location near food and drinks. Staff has been friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mcoutu1416
Reviewed 25 February 2020

I've stayed here before. I thought I would update my opinions based on this most recent visit. Understand that this is not a luxury hotel. It's a pretty basic lodging in a neighborhood of warehouses, taxi garages, a quaint retail strip, and film/TV studios. Gantry Park, overlooking the East River and Manhattan Island, is a short walk away. And Citigroup has its main office here, near the subway stop. But the hotel management has recently taken the step of sealing off the hotel room windows. Can't open them and you have to use the air system to somehow ventilate the room. This was not satisfactory to my health and after 5 nights of this, left with a very sore throat and chest congestion. Otherwise, I was treated well. Housekeeping might do a better job of refilling the bath amenities and understand the difference between shampoo and conditioner. There's no free breakfast here and the on-site restaurant isn't very good. As I said, there is a commercial district on Vernon with a host of restaurants to fill in some of your meals. And if you use the E subway, you'll find a Key Foods supermarket on the corner. Parking will cost you and with the construction of more apartments in the area, free street parking is hard to come by now. E train, two streets away, is one stop into Manhattan as is the 7 which you can catch about a mile down Vernon. The 103 bus runs the Vernon commercial strip but only about every 30 minutes. So if you walk to the 7, budget 20 minutes. If you're looking to explore a little, the G train (find it through the E train platform), gets you into Brooklyn real quick and stops pretty close to Barclays Center.

Room tip: It does have rooms with fantastic views of the bridge and Manhattan
Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Zoom_Gotti
Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

An absolutely great hotel near subway! Easy to travel from center to the hotel!
What a friendly service as we are arrived we felt us so warmly welcomed.
We are right now at the 9th flor and the skyline to Manhattan is awesome Thanks

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank HansHansen24
Reviewed 4 January 2020

Simple nice value hotel near Vernon Blvd restaurants in LIC. Staff friendly and helpful; stored our bags. Location excellent for my family, closer to Gantry waterfront walkway; farther from LIC high rises of Jackson Ave and Queens Plaza. 7 or 11 minute walk to subway, 10 minutes to LIC ferry. Nice building, lobby very simple, neighborhood alright (LIC industrial, safe). Room fine, occasional loud water-pipe noise; heater control funky but worked. Simple but nice, reasonable price.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ignacio A
Reviewed 30 December 2019

I live in Manhattan and needed a hotel for over two weeks. NYC is very expensive. You can’t go wrong with the Wyndham garden LIC as the rates were more than reasonable. The hotel is very comfortable and the staff went out of their way to make a difficult time in my life stress free. There are many bars and restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend Woodbine bar and restaurant. In the hotel there is a Chinese restaurant and small bar. The subway is only a few blocks away. You have a choice of the E,M and 7 trains which can take you anywhere you need. My room had a view of Manhattan directly across the river. You are only one subway stop from Manhattan and two or three stops from all the sights. I highly recommend this hotel if you’re visiting nyc for the first time or live here and need a place if life throws you some curveballs. You won’t regret it.

Date of stay: December 2019