Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2019

The Sleep Inn Long Island City was my choice for an overnight stay before my flight from La Guardia. My primary reasons for selecting this hotel were proximity to the airport and the price.

However, I was surprised by how the hotel was well kept and clean. I will certainly use Sleep Inn again when I fly from La Guardia.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Vasseghy
Reviewed 12 March 2019 via mobile

Our room on the top floor had fantastic views of the city. The room was good size for nyc and was well equipped. The tv channel choice was limited, no msnbc etc. and reception was poor. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is a little dicey to get to late at night, not the best area. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank fehlow
Reviewed 2 February 2019

I think this is a nice hotel to stay if you are visiting New York. It is really close to a subway station from where you can take subways that take you to Midtown after three of four stations.
The hotel rooms quite nice. Beds are comfortable and the rooms were quite clean. We were very lucky to get rooms on the top floor of the hotel. The views from the rooms were amazing. We could see the whole Manhattan skyline. Even the Empire State building. It was so beautiful.
The service was very kind and friendly. The people at the reception helped us a lot with the transportation and to get around the city.
The breakfast is ok. There is not much variety, but it is enough for the price I would say. The only issue is that the breakfast room is a bit small so it normally got crowded. We never had to wait queue though.
The surroundings of the hotel seemed a bit dark in the night, but we never felt unsafe. There was a lot of police in the streets. Besides, the subway station is just 3 minutes walk to the hotel, so you don't need to stay outside long.
I definitely recommend to stay!

Room tip: Top floor rooms
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Travel_enthusiast_92
Reviewed 10 January 2019

I checked in Sleep Inn (NY459) late night on 1/3/19. The reception staff rhussa was very DECEPTIVE AND UNPROFESSIONAL! I had a long flight during the past 24 hours, and I was so tired and just wanted to check in going to bed. When I approached the staff, she gave me a bunch of receipts and let me help her to peel these receipts and keep pink ones, so she could handed to the person. She told me she could only help me check in after she got these receipts done. Apparently, she wanted me to help her to do her job. I was so confused at that time, and I refused to do it.

After I checked in, I asked her about paying parking lots in the parking garage and she told me it's full and let me find a street parking. I believed her and drove another 30 minutes looking for a street parking although I was so exhausted. I ended up coming back because there was no street parking either. This time, a nice male reception staff helped me and guided me to the parking garage. When I drove into the garage, there were plenty of parking lots available. That female reception staff - rhussa was lying and being so vicious. She would rather waste me hours to find a street parking instead of letting me pay for the hotel parking. It sounds like she just did not want me to stay here.

This is the second time that I stayed in this Sleep Inn. The last time was during the past summer. The reason I chose to stay here again is because the amazing staff like Yanni and clean and sweet guest room even though it's tiny. I HAVE NEVER SEEN a reception staff like rhussa who is rude, deceptive, unprofessional, and vicious. I HAVE NEVER FELT this UNWELCOME. I am still furious even though just recalling about the scenario.

Other than that, Yani is always awesome, friendly, nice, and helpful. Sultana is also welcoming.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jackdennis1225
Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

We had a great stay here at the Sleep Inn. It is very convenient to get into the city with about a one block walk to the subway station. Yani at the front desk was amazing and super helpful! She was able to get us into our room a little early and answered all our questions. The housekeepers were very friendly and the room was clean and updated. All rooms have a mini fridge which was also nice. Would definitely stay here again in the future! Thanks!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stustravels
coulibaly15, Front Desk at Sleep Inn Long Island City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is extremely important that all of our guest have a comfortable and satisfactory stay. We hope that future guests find your review very helpful in choosing their next great accommodation. Come visit us again soon!
Best Regards,