“Best meatloaf ever”

Gracie's Luncheonette
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Leeds
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I can't believe how different this place looked. It has been close to 10 years since I had been to Kochs and it definitely needed a facelift. We decided go to Gracie's because we love their food truck.

Right from the start, the staff was very friendly and was more than willing to answer questions we had about the menu and beer list. My wife got the meatloaf platter. It was served with mashed potatoes and broccoli. I consider myself a meatloaf connoisseur and did not disappoint. It was the best meatloaf I ever had and the potatoes paired nicely with it. There was a certain "beefiness" to it that was incomparable to others I have had. The serving size was generous with two big slices of the loaf.

I ordered the fried chicken and waffles after consulting with the bartender on which of the three menu items to order from that contained fried chicken. They served two thin waffles which were moist and tender and not overly "bready." A leg and thigh were served atop them along with butter, homemade hot sauce and real maple syrup. The chicken was crispy, moist and well seasoned. If anything, I could have used another piece of chicken as the waffle to chicken ratio was a little off.

Although we did not order dessert, the funfetti and chocolate cake that was displayed really tempted us, all made from scratch of course. The bartender informed us that they even make their own sprinkles, which were contained in the cake.

The bill for both dinners, three beers, tax and tip was around $60, a far cry for a similar meal across the river in Hudson. We can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu and have already told several friends about this hidden gem.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

My wife and I decided to try "Gracie's" the other night, for the first time, even though it's "just up the road a piece" from our home. We knew of their reputation when they operated a very successful food truck and now wanted to try out their "brick & mortar" location, which has only been open for a relatively short time. Others who we know had tried it and said how pleased they were with it, so it was about time to give it a whirl of our own. We were quite pleased ourselves. The location, which has been a restaurant for many years, well known locally, was given a real "face lift" inside with fresh paint, new décor, rearranged seating and a more restaurant feel than just a diner feel. We noted the menu to be filled with comfort food, as well as some higher type fare items to round it out. My wife had the steak sandwich and I had their fried chicken plate. Her steak was tender as butter, without any tough muscles in it, and it was properly seasoned, while letting the tasty beef flavor show through. The compliment with gruyere cheese and arugula on a bun that was just wonderful made it a very nice sandwich, served with a side. My chicken was crispy, yet very moist inside with great fried chicken flavor and no oily or scorched oil taste. I ordered their cole slaw as a side. It was more of the Carolina style, being a bit more of the vinegar base than the mayo & sugar type base and it was quite tasty, while also having a refreshing quality about it, due to the acid of the vinegar. Service was attentive, pricing was reasonable, portions were very good and the atmosphere was one of relaxed people just enjoying a meal out at a place where "the locals" usually go. If you're in the Catskill, NY area, just follow Main Street out of Catskill (this is Rt. 23 B) for about 3 miles or so and you can't miss it. It's right across the street from the Leeds Fire Dept. with ample parking. This one is definitely worth the stop! Enjoy!

1  Thank Litehous
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I can't visit the area without making a stop at Gracie's - my stomach won't let me.

Simple aesthetic, delicious and fresh food and drink - homemade sodas are insane. Be prepared to slow down (good thing) and savor the flavors.

I understand they are open for brunch on the weekends - very good call!

Would be a great space for a casual wedding reception!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Went there one evening for a dinner. It is a luncheonette/diner.. sort of.. They are a bit over the normal price range of a typical diner or luncheonette, but the quality and flavor is worth it. All the home made flavors shine through, from the home made tartar sauce, home made ketchup., home made soda (I had lemon-lime). Don't expect the same over sweet commercial versions of the above, but rich and unique tastes. I had loaded baked potato soup... rich and wonderful. I had the on site smoked pastrami sandwich with the included had cut fires. The pastrami had a rich smoked state and the real hand cut fried were great. My wife had the fried Pollack dinner with mashed potatoes. Great fresh tastes and generous portions of all.

We will be back!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Friendly and attentive service in a comfortable setting. The newly renovated space is bright and open, maybe a little too sterile. Food is really good...homemade sodas, great shakes, and comfort food with a twist. The Gracie's Burger is my favorite - a combination of ground meats, smoked onions, pickles, sauce and cheese - outstanding. Fried chicken, moist, crispy and huge portion. There were a few items I wasn't crazy about, but everyone has a different pallet. Overall, it's great food,