See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The room is clean. But the ar conditioning is very noisy and for sleeping it’s a problem.
The breakfast is poor. Only 3 options of food, no fruit at all and limited to choose one of the meal options. To stay one night ok, but to stay more nights not recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Guilhermelcam,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast , and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. Sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with the air conditioning. Reviews like yours are extremely helpful in our ambition to continuously improve upon the guest experience and I hope you'll return to see how we grow and evolve.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I recently spent three days here. I would not recommend this hotel. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. But everything else was quite poor. The stairwells were dirty. The decor is dated and it is obvious that regular maintenance is not being done on time (worn carpets, missing baseboard trip, improperly functioning doors, etc.). Room cleaning was spotty - on my last day there was no bath mat or shampoo. Laundry service was pathetic - one washing machine and a non-functional dryer for the entire hotel. And the soap vending machine was broken. The weekend manager was indifferent to this, and when I checked out the day manager offered me a $1 refund (for the quarters I put in the dryer that I found out was broken). With other reasonably priced options nearby, I will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank danblase

danblase,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you
encountered during your stay. We are continuously improving upon our services,cleanliness and accommodations while addressing our policies and procedures for minimizing and attending to these situations. We hope to see you again in the future and to impress you with the improvements we've made.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night.... Almost left when we walked into stairwell to get up to our room. Peeling wallpaper, stained carpet, door not secure. Room had funny smell and terrible shower! Not worth the money. Restaurant wasn't much either. Ick.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear bethg921,

We are sorry to hear that your stay & experience was unpleasant. We do our very best to ensure our rooms & equipment are thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Thank you for bringing this misstep to our attention, as it helps us to improve. We hope you will give us another chance should you return to the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Room and facility was clean BUT that was the end of “pluses”. At $200+ a night, we expected the shower to be warm. No
Manager available and the desk attendant was rude, crass (actually swore at us), unempowered to make adjustments for us. “Breakfast” included was scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and/or pancakes. Servers made it clear that they worked for tips. Recommend steering clear of this one.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Nils J,

I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. In regards to the front desk staff member I will address your concerns and make sure this behavior doesn't happen. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Right up until breakfast the next morning this place was a "5" for me. The rooms are large, clean, quiet, check in was easy, lots of amenities, comfortable beds, plenty of towels, nice shower, etc, etc. Then we went downstairs for the 7AM to 10AM breakfast....which is included in the price of the room. The doors didn't open until 7:15 by which time there was a line of people waiting. We'd been there since 7:00 so we got in quickly......for all the good it did. The one employee in the dining room was seating each person/group at specific tables (no idea why we couldn't seat ourselves......its a buffet!). This process took a while with all the backup in the lobby. He also took coffee orders (why no self-serve coffee???) and took "cook-to-order" orders. Every time he took a coffee order he had to disappear into the kitchen to get it. Duh!! You'd think people never ordered coffee for breakfast! There was a COMPLETELY EMPTY buffet until he brought out the eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and potatoes one at a time starting at about 7:25. It took a while to get the food out because he was still seating people and getting coffee for them as they arrived. Finally a guy from the kitchen started bringing stuff out so it was all finally out by a little after 7:30. So it was after 7:30 before we got any "self serve" food. Forget the "cook to order" stuff, we wanted to get on the road before 9:00! What a disorganized mess! It was almost like they were trying to drive people away so they could save money on food. Also, there was not even a hint of an apology for the incredibly slow disorganized service. I will say, the coffee and food were fine, once we got them. If you're hoping to get on the road early, as we were, I suggest you either find another motel, or skip breakfast at the "Quality" Inn. I gave the place a "3" but what they deserve is a "5" for the motel and a "1" for the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

JohnandJaneS,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your
expectations of quality service and accommodations. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to
provide you with a superior experience.