See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This hotel is extremely old and shabby looking but we were only staying one night... The only good things I can say about this hotel is that the bed was very comfortable and it was convenient off the thruway. The bathroom really needs updating, as well as all the carpeting etc. We went to breakfast, which is sit-down and the sign indicated wait for someone to seat us. No one around. Finally another customer pointed to where the one person working was and my husband went to find him. When we went to check out the front desk was empty with a sign that they would be back momentarily, which ended up being about 10 minutes before anyone was was there.

But... the biggest problem is the smell. The hotel itself smells old, closed and stale. The room wasn't bad, especially after we put the a/c and fan on. The restaurant flat out stinks and the smell hit as soon as we opened the door to the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraE519
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

be519,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable and hotel was very quiet. The staff was very nice and welcoming. I had doubts about this hotel after reading some of the other reviews however, our experience was very nice. The attached restaurant was a bonus for us after a long day shopping we didn't have to leave the hotel for dinner. As guests of the hotel we received a voucher at the restaurant for breakfast. When in the area I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
QualityInn12401, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Barbara C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites Kingston Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Having my home fumigated for pests, searched abut 20 places for a room because I had little notice about the fumigation (36 hours), applied online with my contact info and home address, confirmed it minutes later with a phone call where my address was confirmed/discussed, and tried to check in Saturday right at 2PM and was told "we don't rent rooms to locals". The person at the desk would not tell me what means local, except to say "you are local" as it was confirmed by my ID.

I said "good luck with that" and traveled 40 minutes to a cheaper hotel than the $210 place that wouldn't grant the RESERVATION" made online.

ZERO mention of this policy on the hotel website nor t the Quality Inn site when I made the reservation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank tomshowers
QualityInn12401, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

tomshowers,

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced for your online reservation request which didn't grant, The standard procedure in such cases is to confer with management regarding what can be done to resolve the error, as our staff is not authorized to make decisions which conflict with policy. Thank you for your business and review.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed over night for a little get away , room was very clean , as was the pool ,we went swimming for a couple hours the water was clean and warm felt great , The manager and staff were very friendly and met any of our requests , the free sit down breakfast was also very good !!

Room Tip: This time we stayed facing the Thurway didnt hear the traffic .
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
QualityInn12401, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Ronb89,

Your kind compliments mean so much to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review. We aim to impress with our breakfast, hospitality, and cleanliness. Glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Mean staff! Bugs by a / c unit! Unclean coffee pot! Blood on bed ! Smelled like smoke! The owner or front desk manager is horrible person!! Bad bad karma for him! Was told over. The phone that the room would be 117 and then upon arrival was told $230 for the night LIAR!!

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Kim F
QualityInn12401, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Kim F,

Thank you for rating your recent experience at our hotel. I do want to assure you and all other guests that we clean and sanitize our guest rooms following each guest stay. It is a very important part of our policies in order to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable, clean, and safe environment. I hope our services and accommodations will exceed your expectations during your next visit!