All reviews fire pit one bedroom suite the sofa bed full kitchen canadian bacon living space free beer and wine separate hot tub convenient spot i've visited ice maker front desk huge bathroom live here sitting area shower cap variety of foods
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were displaced from our home with our two dogs. The staff is AMAZING! Since I have been living here for over three weeks I interact with everyone on a daily basis. We met Dan Kiernan, Front Office Manager, the first day we came. He was very friendly and accommodating. He put us into a one bedroom that helped us feel at home and greeted us as if a friend each time we saw him.Given he grew up in the area it made us feel more at homel. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a kitchenette.

We called to ask if we could get a room with an oven and if we could be near the outside door. We have two dogs that are used to being able to go in and out of our house at will. Allison Teetsel, Front Desk, immediately gave us a room next to the outside doors and offered to help us move.

Due to the dogs I clean our room, Allison Elwell cleans the rooms in our hallway. She always happily gets me everything needed. Jess Wells, Exec Housekeeping, is also very accommodating and friendly. I saw her in the breakfast area working and asked what its like to work here, she said it is great because they have a great team. The next day she was at the front desk, I noticed this to be the norm everyone seems to help in all areas.

One weekend morning I was getting coffee and I was listening to people complaining to a woman I hadn't seen before. I was so impressed at her upbeat attitude and willingness to try to make this person happy appearing like the others, she really cared. I found Dan and informed him and I inquired about who she was much to my surprise I was told she is the Manager, Cathy Johnson.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they give complementary food and drinks. I didn't get all the names of staff but everyone here goes above and beyond. Dan is always visible and when the food event is going on he checks in with everyone as they are eating and makes sure everyone has what they need. One evening the Home Plate Deli brought platters and salads. I know the owner and messaged him how great the food was. The owner,Alex mentioned Dan by name and said what great relationship he has with him and he refers people here all the time that are very happy. It's so important to build relationships with local people and give a hometown feel instead of corporate.

I can't stress enough how the staff jumps in to accommodate in any capacity to ensure the guests needs are met.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2018

My husband and I spent two nights here while on a road trip. Check in was quick and friendly, the lobby and overall facility very attractive. Our modern studio room with king bed was spacious, nicely decorated and well maintained. Linens were high quality, and the shower huge. We appreciated that the hotel had a laundry facility for guests, and were able to get some clothes washed. M, T, and W evenings there is a "social" in the lobby, and we enjoyed some appetizers and free drinks. Our bed was comfortable and we slept well...the only issue being the AC which worked well but made a roaring noise when activating. Breakfast in the morning had a good variety of foods. Wi Fi worked well. The hotel's location is also convenient to restaurants, stores, highways, and gas stations. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Great location for touring the area. Staff was informative, professional and courteous. Rooms were smaller that most Residence Inns but spotless and beds were very comfortable. Located a short distance from the thruway.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Over all facility and room was nice and clean. Bed was a little to soft for me. indoor pool was great and also clean. At check in no one was at the desk and another worker had to find the desk person to get us checked in. not a long wait but other customers waiting as well and phones ringing too. Unable to find hair dryer in the room. Breakfast included hot items, eggs and Canadian bacon, waffles. fruit, bread and pastries, cereals. Location was great if you needed nearby food or shopping. Staff was pleasant. Check out was friendly and a breeze. I would use this place again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
NathanM3140, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear stevencZ7057MC,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities at the Kingston Residence Inn! I sincerely apologize for the wait at check-in, and appreciate your understanding regarding this issue. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Property is clean, fairly new and in a great location. Thanks to Dan at the front desk who seamlessly checked me in despite a group of wedding guests arriving at the same time. Dan was knowledgeable, friendly, and provided several great dinner options. Thanks for making my stay a pleasant one!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo