5,119 results
All reviews clocktower restaurant the clock tower restaurant spa room golf break follifoot wing molton brown toiletries happy birthday wedding anniversary every member of staff on arrival from start to finish special occasion roll top bath amazing hotel nothing is too much trouble upgraded to a suite lovely touch
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I have just enjoyed two nights at this lovely hotel. The service here is fantastic. We are just sorry we didn’t get everyone’s name to mention you all personally. You really are exceptional. The restaurant was very busy (it is half term after all!) but staff were attentive and thoughtful, and we hardly waited any time at all. (Special mention to the lovely Italian man who served us over the last couple of days) Gluten free choices were numerous which was great to see. Rudding Park please look after your staff - they are your greatest asset !!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank thepixie1
RuddingPark, Front Office Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with your daughter.

It is amazing that you feel the staff make staying in the hotel wonderful, this is what we love doing so it is just so motivating when we read comments such as yours so thank you.

We think we can guess that the lovely Italian man is Luigi and he will be delighted that you have given him a special mention.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you both back to Rudding Park soon. When you have a suitable date in mind, please contact us directly so we can offer you our best available rates and any special promotions

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Rudding Park last night with my husband for a birthday treat and must admit I feel a bit let down with my experience. On arrival we were 45 minutes early for the 3 pm check, the room wasn’t ready yet which was fine we were early so decided to go for a drink. Firstly service at the Clocktower was quite slow we waited 20 minutes in total to be served a coffee and a Bucks Fizz. Not a massive problem but could have been quicker.

We returned back to reception at 3 expecting our room to be ready, it wasn’t. As we were booked into the spa for treatments at 4:30 this was frustrating as i didn’t want to rush around defeating the object of a relaxing spa break. We sat in reception for 35 minutes until the room became available at 3:35, not the best first impression. The receptionist was very apologetic and polite throughout our wait and offered us a complimentary drink at the spa which was nice but I would have just preferred the room to be ready on time.

Upon arriving at the spa we asked at reception where we needed to go for our treatments etc. We were given a locker band and a towel but nobody showed us around the facilities which again was poor service for a 5 star hotel. I struggled working out how the locker worked as you had to fob your wristband on a machine and eventually had to leave the changing rooms and get my husband to tell me what to do. Again for a relaxing spa break you shouldn’t have to be stressed out, the spa staff should have been there to explain and show us around.

The spa facilities are fantastic and my treatment was outstanding I would highly recommend the spa. I just think we were unlucky as I did see other people being shown around the facilities we must have just been missed out.

The clock tower restaurant is nice and service was good for our evening meal. However the food wasn’t amazing and I feel is slightly overpriced. Nevertheless we enjoyed the meal.

Overall I’m not sure I would return as first impressions count and I don’t like to start a break away feeling agitated by below par service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beth-Thornton
RuddingPark, Guest Relations Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to write a review following your experience. Happy Birthday once again to your husband.

We are all very sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay and can only apologise for this. I have tried to call you personally to apologise and would really appreciate it if you could give me the chance to talk to you about the issues you had during your stay. We appreciate all guest feedback and would like for you to give us the opportunity to put things right. We pride ourselves on providing the best to our guests and are really upset to read your review. I have tried to call you on a couple of occasions and hope that you will return my call and speak to me personally.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Marek Jurczyk
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed here over the Bank Holiday weekend and never wanted to leave. Most of our time was spent in and around the amazing spa. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room (166) was located on the ground floor, a short walk to the restaurant and spa. We couldn't have wished for anything more - We will be returning soon.

Room Tip: 166- ground floor great location and patio included
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at Rudding Park.

We are delighted that you feel we are a very special place and that you didn’t want to leave, next time you need to book for longer!

It is amazing that you couldn’t have wished for more and you are right the location of room 166 is perfect for accessing the spa and our Horto Restaurant.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park soon. When you have a suitable date in mind, please contact us directly so we can offer you our best available rates and any special promotions

An amazing spa weekend!!
The staff went out of their way to help and accommodate us and the rooms were everything you would expect from a 4* hotel and more.
What a fantastic spa!! The rooftop with the infinity pool, steam rooms, hot tub and waitor service was fabulous!! The changing rooms were the best equipped ones we have been to.
We had treatments, which we both loved and the relaxation rooms after the treatment were a nice touch.
The food was nice, but the evening meal main courses were not as good as expected AND the prosecco was unbelievably overpriced at £48.50 per bottle.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your amazing spa weekend with us.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially the Spa it is wonderful that you felt the changing rooms were the best equipped you have been too.

We can only apologise that you felt the evening meal main course were not as good as expected, we hope you let us know at the time by explaining what it was that was not as good, as we appreciate all guest feedback. We were sorry to read that you felt the Prosecco is overpriced for which we can only apologise. We do compare our prices regularly with other local competitors of the same standard, and have found that we are competitively priced.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rudding Park soon. When you have a suitable date in mind, please contact us directly so we can offer you our best available rates and any special promotions

The Rudding Park Team.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Hi. We stayed here on Friday night and from the moment we walked through the door we experienced the most helpful staff and beautiful place. Luigi was so thoughtful showing us around and the service was like no other I've experienced. This is no mean feat to achieve so thank you to everyone at the hotel and rooftop spa for making our first visit so memorable. We'll be back!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Rudding Park. We are all delighted that you experienced such good service and thought our hotel was beautiful.

Luigi loves his job and is absolutely thrilled to get a personal mention from you he is smiling even more now (if that is possible!)

It is wonderful that you will be back and we look forward to welcoming you soon. When you have a suitable date in mind, please contact us directly so we can offer you our best available rates and any special promotions