“Very Good”

and 1 more site!
St. Charles Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I could hear people talking as they were walking down the halls. We all enjoyed the breakfast that was offered for free. There were scrambled eggs, toast,make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, unlimited coffee, juice, The staff was very accommodating with all our requests. I would definitely stay again if I was visiting the area.

Room Tip: Rooms were very clean. They offered all the amenities of home.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank clarestarink

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Clean, accommodating, and very reasonable. Plus, they don't have a two night minimum on weekends like most places in Hudson. Recently renovated, this hotel is located perfectly at the top of Warrant street, which is perfect for walking. Parking is ample and right near the front door.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 30 October 2017

This hotel is old but is anything but "quaint" or "charming." With the exception of the cheaply renovated lobby and the new elevator, this is a sadly run down hotel. The windows are small, making the dreary rooms even more so and the artificial lighting is marginal. One particularly undesirable feature is the fact that the sink is not in the bathroom, beyond having antiquated, pitted and rusted fixtures. When we could not get the small room safe to work, the young man at the front desk advised that all of the guestroom safes were inoperable. It is evident that this facility lacks a maintenance man or the person who tries to do this is incompetent. Many things do not work. What has been "repaired" is done in a very sloppy, slap dash manner and if you have a problem with something in your room, good luck getting it fixed. As a prime example, see the photo of the toilet tissue dispenser in the lobby men's room being held together with several strips of scotch tape that appear to have been there for quite some time. The chairs in the breakfast room have all bottomed out. We were in two rooms, one of which had very poor sound insulation, and both were very dusty and dirty. It appears that the cleaning staff does the minimum, and that the rooms have not had a good cleaning, possibly in years. There are virtually no rooms with views other than of the old, odd Hudson buildings, however, I cannot fault the hotel for this, and I frankly don't care. The rooms are grossly overpriced considering the geographic location and the poor condition of the facility. Had I known this hotel was in such bad shape, I would have booked a local B & B or driven a distance to a descent place. We were in Hudson for the wedding of a relative at The Hill, and the local hotels were booked up. I cannot recommend this hotel unless you are truly desperate.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel or inn.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear HAD232,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our Hotel. We take all guest feedback's very positively and seriously. I am sorry to hear your stay didn't meet your expectations. Your comments will be discussed with the appropriate departments for future improvements. I wish you all the best for your future travels.

Sam A - G.M .

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This was my second visit at the St Charles. The staff is super friendly and makes a special effort to make sure you are comfortable. The rooms are basic, but I found them to be clean and pleasant. I'm staying here again in the near future. The hotel is located within walkin distance to Warren Street. This is a big plus to me.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank agallo72

Dear agallo72,
We are so thrilled that you had such a positive stay all the time at our hotel.We appreciate your frequent business and Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Staffs. We do hope to see you again soon.

Sam A. - GM

Reviewed 24 October 2017

First the good things:
- The hotel is centrally located in downtown Hudson.
- The reception staff were very friendly. We were there for a wedding and one of the reception staff called our room to let us know that the wedding shuttle had arrived and would be leaving in 15 minutes.

Now, the not so good:
- There was mold on the shower curtain in the room. I asked for them to replace the curtain, but instead housekeeping just came and wiped it down. Doing so did not get rid of all of the mold. I just skipped my morning shower instead. There is no excuse for not replacing the curtain.
- The rooms are worn out and in need of repair. Our wall had a dent in it, the door was chipped, and the beds just felt old.
- The pipes area old and noisy. In the middle of the night we would hear when our neighbors used the bathroom or ran the water. The walls are also pretty thin. I live in NYC and am not a light sleeper but this was enough to wake me on multiple occasions.
- It's relatively inexpensive, but it's still expensive for what it is.

Bottom line: This hotel is less expensive than other hotels in Hudson, but it's still very expensive for dated rooms, dirty bathrooms, and thin walls. Next time I'd pay a little more to get much more elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jere1
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Jere1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and submit a review of our hotel. I appreciate the comments about our Friendly Staff , However I am sorry to read of your disappointment with your recent stay. We strive to take care of all our guests and it is our goal to ensure they enjoy their stay. Again, I'm sorry that we missed the mark here. We hope to see you again soon next time.

Cheers,
Sam - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
0.3 km away
1.4 km away
26 Warren B & B
26 Warren B & B
#3 of 17 in Hudson

Been to St. Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!