Tiger House(Hudson)
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe breakfast areatown squaremake your own waffleswalking distancebreakfast includedfamily eventrestaurants and shoppingcomfortable bedmini fridgelight sleeperthe main streetsmall townhudson nytrain stationyogurtsamexcitement
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the St. Charles for one night to see a show at the basilica. The town is very charming with great restaurants and the venue of the show was amazing, but if ever staying in Hudson again I will never stay at the St. Charles. I am pretty non bias to hotels. I've stayed in 5 stars to 2 stars and if it serves its purpose I try not to complain about about improvements needed to be made. First off the list just like all the other comments/reviews it is D.M.D(damp, musty,and dusty) the room was very dark, but did get an upgraded room with a king bed and no bed bugs this stay. The bathroom was ehh not sure what is up with the vanity it came to mid thigh on me and I'm not a giant just 5'7, so all you tall fellas and gals out there brushing your teeth will be fun!! The only upgrade noticed is the lobby the pig with lipstick effect. Not worth the price of $200 plus cost at all!!! Upon leaving I realized I had left an article of clothing behind was about an hour out of Hudson. I called in a panic but with all hope that I would get it returned. The first receptionist I spoke with was semi helpful, but lacked any customer service skills. She did not go out of her way to contact housekeeping to retrieve my article of clothing, but did take my number and said she would call once housekeeping was done. 6pm had come and still no call almost 5 hours of time waiting to here back I called again and this time I spoke with another receptionist that was quite condescending who basically said that housekeeping didn't bring anything to the front desk so I was SOL. Didn't really care about my concerns, couldn't wait to get me off the phone. I explained where I left them and that you are telling that housekeeping just keeps whatever is in the room?! It is my fault for not scanning the room one more time before leaving, but you employee non honest stealing employees Sam? Enjoy the shorts cleaning lady I'm sure that is the only bonus you get working there and whatever other guest leave behind! Disclaimer I worked in housekeeping before and never kept anything and most things in that nature the Management would automatically send back to the guest, not ask them to pay to send a box to them with a label. Don't book a stay here...air b-n-b all the way!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Rebecca T.

I would like to personally apologize about your poor experience at our hotel.

Regarding your shorts, not sure how it misplaced, usually when we find something important in room we call our guest right away, but not for shorts, as we find those stuff almost everyday and most of the guest don't want it, but we keep it on lost and found room until 30 days. I will definitely address these issues with our staff.
Once again please accept my deep apologies for all your frustration at our hotel and If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for the location. However it was awful and overpriced ($200/night). The rooms and common areas very dated and everything needed a good refurbishment. The AC was leaking and breakfast very basic!
Also the cancelled the original booking without any warning!
Definitely I won't be going back or recommended. An RV would have been much better!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Haris71,

First I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel due to great location. We do value your business and apologize that we did not meet your expectations as we do strive to provide exceptional service for all our guests who stay at the St. Charles Hotel.

After further investigating your stay, we address a few of the points. Your original reservation was cancelled due to credit card being declined on sold out night. We tried to contact you regarding this but there was no phone number provided while you make online reservation, However, I am glad we were able to accommodate you with more discounted rate than your original reservation when you called us right back after receiving our email confirmation. I can assure you, we still have the best rates in the town and I again apologize that you found our hotel not as expected, We will be always doing our best to make all our guest happy.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Hudson is an artistic, eclectic little town on the Hudson River. We found the hotel to go along well with our stay in this town. The 1 queen bed room was clean with adequate room for the 2 of us, the bed was comfortable, the décor was nice in an understated way, and there was plenty of hot water. We enjoyed the view of the park and a couple of passing trains from our window. The window, unlike in most hotels, could be opened to feel the summer breeze and hear the fountain and the buzz of activity below. We also enjoyed the colorful flowers in the window-box. We found the staff to be attentive and helpful. The continental breakfast was basic and got us going. The only critique we could offer is basic maintenance points such as: our door closed hard/loudly, the showerhead sprayed a little to the side/out the shower, and the bathroom grout could be re-done. These didn't diminish our experience, though. This is a cool old hotel with character, which is something you can't get in mainstream hotel chains.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 4wardmotion

Dear4wardmotion,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed
our clean room, comfortable bed and nice view of park with trains passing. Your comments about the staff is appreciated. We will definitely improve the maintenance issues you have noted. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

My husband and I decided to try this hotel, hoping to find a quaint and charming old hotel. We stayed here one night a few weeks ago on a Friday. It's an old, slightly run down, tired hotel on the square in Hudson.The staff were pleasant, the room and beds were clean and comfortable, but I've stayed in chain hotels for half the cost and had better breakfast. If we had paid $120 instead of $220, I would probably not complain. It was just not what we had hoped.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear CDepkin,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience about our hotel. First of all I am happy to learn that you found our staff pleasant , clean comfortable room and beds.
We definitely have $120 rates during the weekdays at this time and also during weekend from Nov to April.
Our only high season is on weekend from May to October and the rates ranges from $170 to $220, But I can still assure you we have the best rates in the area.

We encourage all to call hotel directly and get the best possible rates , We offer varieties of discounts for AAA, AARP and Military members. We do also offer group discount and more than 3 nights discount package.

I am sorry to hear we were not what you hoped this time and hope you give us another opportunity to serve again.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Basic accommodation. We had a very early arrival (5:30 am). Nothing was open for breakfast. The desk staff member offered to make us sandwiches. Our room was adequate size, very comfortable, and very clean. Breakfast was good and can be included with the reservation or purchased separately. When we checked out we had an easy 20 minute walk to Connolly Station. We were also a short distance from several points of interest. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I'd stay again without hesitation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JeraldoH,

When you mentioned about breakfast that can be purchased separately and 20 minute walk to Connolly station, I doubt this review was for us. However if you choose to visit nice little charming town Hudson, NY near future, I would like to invite you to stay with us at HISTORIC ST CHARLES HOTEL.