St. Charles Hotel
Good 3.5/5
    Elm Tree Motel(Craryville)
    Average 3/5
      Very Good 4/5
      All reviewsmake your own wafflesmicrowave and refrigeratorthe breakfast areawalking distanceenjoyed my stayroom was clean and comfortablea great place to staystayed one nightantique shopsold buildingthe main streettrain stationyogurtsamexcitementnyvintage
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 18 June 2017

Bathroom sink had large, yet sealed crack in it, very unseemly.Toilet kept running, had to jiggle the handle to reset the valve in back of toilet tank, irritating especially in the night. only one chair in room meant we had to rotate sitting on the bed and the chair. plenty of room for another chair but none there. arrived and window was stuck open, after a rain. it was several hours until someone came to fix it, and he did not speak english. i had to use sign language to communicate with him what the problem was. breakfast satisfactory, bes satisfactory. no follow through from management regarding prescription glasses left in the desk. they sent an obligatory acknowledgement of the email, but that's all i got. new glasses were needed and no response from the hotel. how long does it take to send an email saying,yes,no, or i don't know, if the glasses were in room. scary neighborhood after dark and outside appearance of hotel and surrounding area run down.

Room Tip: spring for a better hotel/motel.@130 a night this was a rip off
      • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
      Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Jeffrey T,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide each guest with a memorable and enjoyable experience at our hotel, and unfortunately it seems that in this case, we fell short of our goal. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I have sent you a private e-mail regarding your issue, Again Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that you give us another chance the next time that you are in Hudson,NY.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Inexpensive, and it shows. No class. Everything in the renovation was clearly done on the cheap. Bed was comfy, but the bathroom sink, out in the open, was weird, with bizarre lighting. Breakfast was decent coffee plus pastry/bagels etc., and make-your-own waffles, so if you like to do that sort of thing this is your place. Good location, though. And like I said, not very expensive.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John H,

Thank you for writing your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. Thank you for your kind words about our location,Complimentary breakfast as well as our inexpensive room rates, I will share your review with the specific department, so that we may continue to improve our product. We look forward to seeing you on future visits. Thanks.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Situated on the town square, the St Charles Hotel is just steps away from the best shopping and dining on Warren Street, Hudson's picturesque main drag. It's a long uphill walk from the train station.

The property has the feel of a small budget hotel. Little charm but the staff is friendly and helpful.

Our compact king room was simply furnished with a comfortable bed, good-size TV and plenty of drawer space. One small window. Not enough space for a lounge chair. The large vanity and separate bath / toilet room were conveniently removed from the sleeping area.

A simple but adequate buffet breakfast is served in a large room looking out to the town square, which looked surprisingly neglected compared to the high-end shops, galleries, and beautifully restored buildings lining Warren St.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendell D,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your kind words of our great location, as well as our exceptional front desk team members.
      Thank you again for your review, and we hope to be able to better serve you on future visits to Hudson, NY

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here three nights over two visits. Obviously 1st visit for one night was Ok, not a "wow this is a great place" visit but a "for the money it's ok" and it was most convenient place to where I was doing business. I say obviously because I did book it for 2 nights for my next visit. 2nd visit was more problematic and I noticed more of the issues others have put in their reviews. Room's bedding had multiple holes in it, but seemed clean, so I could deal with it. Sadly the first night I had a plumbing problem with the toilet, was told there is no one on staff at night, was offered a plunger to fix the problem myself. I declined the "kind" offer and instead opted to pack up all my belongings and move to a new room....not really what I had in mind late at night before an early morning meeting. New room's bathroom set up was so tight that to sit on the toilet, the roll of toilet paper sat over (and with full roll, on) my thigh. You had to slide in under the roll of toilet paper or fall off the other side of the toilet seat. The sink didn't drain well, so you needed to limit the flow of water or overflow the sink. If not for the plumbing issues I would have given a very good rating, the place definitely shows it's age and needs some refreshing but it does offer clean accommodations.
      Breakfast offered was quite nice for a continental breakfast. Area well stocked and clean.
      Staff that was at front desk were all very nice and as helpful as they could be. At checkout, Sam apologized for the toilet issue and offered me a discount for a future stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
      1  Thank bilzbabe

Dear Bilzbabe,

Thank you so much for your sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding clean accommodations, nice continental breakfast and our phenomenal team members. However, I wanted to deeply apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay due to the plumbing issue. I will make sure to share your review with my entire team, so that we may continue to improve our service and our product. Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that you give us another chance the next time that you are in historic town Hudson, NY .

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This one of the nicest hotels in Hudson Everytime I visit I stay here I just wish they have a discount for repeat customers to show their appreciation for having them return .My kids loved it as well though they complained that they should switch up the complementary breakfast menu which I agree they keep asking me when are we going back .We are definitely looking forward to our next trip up so we will be staying at the st Charles .And by the way the front desk lady with the glasses I forgot her name she is so nice and friendly and always pleasant when ever I encountered her. I hope that she is there when I arrive my next visit

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
      2  Thank tyneshiam2016

Dear tyneshiam2016,

Thank you for your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to read that your stay has been always enjoyable with us and We appreciate your frequent business. We do definitely take care of discount for our frequent guests if you call hotel directly and make reservation. Thank you again for your lovely feedback , we will see you soon.