“Adequate Food and Embarrassed by Staff”
Review of Vico Restaurant

Vico Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vico Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vico offers a modern take on traditional Tuscan cuisine using the freshest local ingredients from the Hudson Valley in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Gluten-free and vegetarian options available.
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I had the dish that was supposed to have rosemary meatballs. Did not taste any rosemary in the meatballs. The pasta was cooked well. Had the tiramisu for dessert. There are other places in Hudson that have better tiramisu.

Admittedly, made in error in mentally calculating the tip for the server. Was embarrassed bye the manager as they questioned why I left less than the customary tip. This restaurant lost a patron tonight. Worse yet, the dinner tonight was special because we were celebrating our anniversary.

1  Thank redtop57
mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

I am deeply sorry about your experience at Vico. The manager's behavior was inappropriate and against our company policy, as it does not reflect our commitment to creating a hospitable and inviting atmosphere for our guests. He has been reprimanded and instructed not to behave this way in the future. I thank you for bringing this to my attention. - Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I go here every Christmas Eve and Mother’s Day and they always have outstanding dinner options. Although it is pricey, it is food you most likely will not experience anywhere else.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A nice, intimate, friendly restaurant with up and down food. The service was excellent. The waiter was knowledgeable without being oppressive. No complaints. I ordered the pear salad (fine...with a tangy dressing)
And salmon (ok) and white beans (very good). My husband ordered the chicken (moist and filling). Our friends had the pork chop. They were a tad underwhelmed. The tiramisu was good but the crime brûlée had one of the most delicious toppings I've ever eaten. We had a nice, fruity Chianti and several mixed drinks. The coffee was rich too. We might go back if we were in Hudson again.

1  Thank HubbellGardiner
mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at Vico! So glad you enjoyed yourselves, though sorry that the pork chop didn't meet your friends' expectations. We hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Best,
Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 12 May 2018

A friendly atmosphere at this very Italian restaurant. It truly felt genuine. The pasta is all hand made at the restaurant (or so I understood it) and it was absolutely delicsion. I came into town late so I ran through the doors just prior to closing, but the kitchen was friendly enough to serve yet anther meal that night. I really appreciate it. If you are looking for a fancier meal, this is the right place to go.

1  Thank Maria L
mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi Maria, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Vico! Our pappardelle, fettuccine and lasagne are indeed made in house. We look forward to welcoming you again soon! Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Great service. Friendly staff and amazing food. I ordered a stuffed pork chop something I usually would not do. It was amazing could go back and eat it again the next day.

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at Vico! Were so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. By the way, the pork chop is a reinterpretation of a dish called Arista di Maiale I learned as a chef in Tuscany. Hope to see you again soon. Best, Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Been to Vico Restaurant? Share your experiences!