“Mixed experience, but will try it again”
Review of Vico Restaurant

Vico Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vico Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vico offers a modern take on traditional Tuscan cuisine using the freshest local ingredients from the Hudson Valley in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Gluten-free and vegetarian options available.
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Nice ambience, with soft music in the background allowing for easy conversation. As we visited for a Sunday lunch, we had lighter fare. I had from the lunch menu, under Insalate, the Fagioli salad. This was by far one of the best salads I've ever had - I'll be thinking of it for a long time. I paired it with a Porchetta Panini, which was a bit of a disappointment after the great salad. The panini was a bit greasy, with not much flavor from the ingredients, and even the rosemary focaccia it was served on was a bit dry yet oily. No beers on tap, but they have a good selection of bottled beers. Service was very good and attentive. I'll give this place another shot as I think their menu likely has some real gems on it.

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughtful review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your salad but disappointed that we did not meet expectations with the panini. From your description, my guess is we over-toasted the sandwich, which can cause the gruyere to separate and produce a lot of oil, and likely also affected the taste. It should not have left the kitchen like that. I will investigate and remind our staff that while speed is important, quality is paramount.

I do hope you'll give us another chance!

Best,
Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We decided to try Vico last night to add to our list of Hudson favorites. We arrived and were promptly greeted and seated. Our waitress was quick to come over and take our drink order (the service all night was impeccable). We were served homemade bread with olive oil and our drinks arrived quickly after. We placed our order my wife had the fried calamari for appetizer and chicken parmigiana as an entree both delicious ! I chose the charcuterie to start and the rack of lamb (8 ribs!!!) they were both very good . Overall a good time .

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hi, Tonya and Gregg,
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughtful review! I do indeed hope you add us to your list of Hudson favorites and that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best, Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Don't ask me why but I just stopped going to Vico, not because I didn't like it, but I didn't remember it having such a good selection of choices for dinner as it has now. Well, I went to dinner with an interesting character who tends not to want to eat at restaurants that are not doing business with him. Not that I blame him. I was happy to revisit this place. I don't understand why it isn't more crowded but what the hell, if we all start going there it will be right? The dinner was very very good, the service charming. Definitely will have this on my go to when I'm back in Hudson.

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

We're delighted to have you back! Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughtful review. Hope to see you again soon,
Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Have lived in the area for years and never knew about this restaurant and went on a recommendation.....Was so pleasantly surprised....Beautifully appointed, with a little garden tucked in the back......Had a lamb chops and not just four that orders are generally BUT eight! WOW! So outstanding...Friends equally enjoyed their fruit di mare as well....Can't wait to go back to this little gem! Also, a great looking bar!

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Dear Sandi,

We're so glad you discovered us, and that you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. Best, Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Reviewed 31 August 2016

We dined al fresco during a slow, summer Monday evening. The fare (Pera Salad, Sceriffo and Linguini al Frutti di Mare) was fresh and tasty. Our delightful waitress even identified the lovely flowers on the back porch when we asked. If we're in the area again we'll gladly return

mrganem, Owner at Vico Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

So glad you enjoyed yourselves! Those quieter nights can be a pleasure for us as well. Hope to see you again soon. Best, Mark Ganem, Chef-Owner

Been to Vico Restaurant? Share your experiences!