“delicious, something for everyone”
Review of Dine Rite Diner

Dine Rite Diner
Ranked #43 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My husband and I finally made our way to this place after passing it many many times. Don't pass it by, it was so worth stopping. We almost went to dine at a place in Catskill but were very glad we changed our itinerary at the last minute. Although they were just about to close up they still graciously took us in and the service was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. This place has a lot of standard diner fare, but what it also has are Middle Eastern and Caribbean menu selections. So in addition to things like hamburgers, Reuben's and wraps, you can also order things like shawarma, baba ganoush and curry chicken. The eclectic mix happens to come about because the father is from the Middle East and the mom is from West Indies, as explained to us by the daughter who was our awesome waitress. And FYI, they serve breakfast all day for all you out there that may happen to be breakfast lovers such as I. We definitely plan on coming back to try some more menu items and enjoy more home cooked deliciousness. The prices were great and the portions were big. Try the homemade ginger beer!

2  Thank senkimekia

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived in Hudson for the boat cruise and needed a place to eat. We looked on trip advisor and Yelp and this place came up. We arrived at about 11:30 and the place was empty. We were hesitant but we're very pleased with the restaurant. The waitress was extremely nice and helpful. The food was well prepared and the portions were generous. There was an up charge for a small piece of rye bread, so stick with the white or whole wheat.

1  Thank Arlene M
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Fresh, yummy, good portions at great price. Don't let the cheesy name put you off. Unexpectedly good food on an undeveloped section of the main road heading to Hudson or Town of Catskill. I had the falafel and my son had chicken curry for late lunch at 4 pm. We didn't even need to eat again for dinner on our road trip heading north.

2  Thank suzy6723
Reviewed 4 July 2016

this place is like a diner from old, not in atmosphere, but in service and friendliness. the lady, who I think is the owner is so sweet and so is her help. the menu is all over the place, with something for everyone. My first visit was a sandwich, which was made of fried fish and eggplant, yea eggplant, who knew you could pair that. Fish fried to perfection and eggplant fried as well, what a combo, came with fries (hit my fried quota for the day) There was a nice sauce, which also went with it well. The last visit I couldn't make up my mind and asked about the gizzards, now that was morbid curiosity, she said to try it I would love it, I asked about the fish on the menu and she said it was tilapia (which I really don't think is a good fish funny after taste to ME) I said no she said I have a snapper in the cooler I keep for my self I will cook one for you. She insisted I try the gizzards and if I didn't like them She would give me the snapper, to replace my meal. OK go for it, well I am so happy I did I expected crunchy kinda hard stuff (gizzards) nope soft tender almost sweet, covered in a sauce to just add to the perfection. A small plate salad, some well cooked veggies, rice, and a whole lot of love on the rest of the plate.( I was asked after a taste of the gizzard if I liked it and before I answered the waitress said the snapper would be ready in 5 minutes if I wanted to give up the gizzard for it wow that's unbelievable). The rest of the gang have various other plates, with like wise mixed reviews Prices were fair , portions ample, and attention to our needs extreme. So I say give this hard working place a try I cant say you will love it ,but the owner will stand behind her plates.

1  Thank tilefish
Reviewed 6 February 2016

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch - our first visit but not our last! His reuben had nice moist pastrami with delightfully crunchy onion rings on the side. I ventured forth with one of the specials, a fried balogna sandwich with sauteed onions and pickles on rye. Delish! Staff were friendly and anxious that we had everything needed for an enjoyable meal.

1  Thank ClermontFilly