“Darn Right diner”

Dine Rite Diner
Ranked #42 of 94 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 4 July 2016

this place is like a diner from old, not in atmosphere, but in service and friendliness. the lady, who I think is the owner is so sweet and so is her help. the menu is all over the place, with something for everyone. My first visit was a sandwich, which was made of fried fish and eggplant, yea eggplant, who knew you could pair that. Fish fried to perfection and eggplant fried as well, what a combo, came with fries (hit my fried quota for the day) There was a nice sauce, which also went with it well. The last visit I couldn't make up my mind and asked about the gizzards, now that was morbid curiosity, she said to try it I would love it, I asked about the fish on the menu and she said it was tilapia (which I really don't think is a good fish funny after taste to ME) I said no she said I have a snapper in the cooler I keep for my self I will cook one for you. She insisted I try the gizzards and if I didn't like them She would give me the snapper, to replace my meal. OK go for it, well I am so happy I did I expected crunchy kinda hard stuff (gizzards) nope soft tender almost sweet, covered in a sauce to just add to the perfection. A small plate salad, some well cooked veggies, rice, and a whole lot of love on the rest of the plate.( I was asked after a taste of the gizzard if I liked it and before I answered the waitress said the snapper would be ready in 5 minutes if I wanted to give up the gizzard for it wow that's unbelievable). The rest of the gang have various other plates, with like wise mixed reviews Prices were fair , portions ample, and attention to our needs extreme. So I say give this hard working place a try I cant say you will love it ,but the owner will stand behind her plates.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank tilefish

Reviewed 6 February 2016

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch - our first visit but not our last! His reuben had nice moist pastrami with delightfully crunchy onion rings on the side. I ventured forth with one of the specials, a fried balogna sandwich with sauteed onions and pickles on rye. Delish! Staff were friendly and anxious that we had everything needed for an enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank ClermontFilly

Been to Dine Rite Diner? Share your experiences!