“Absolutely delicious meal - a must go.”

Wm. Farmer and Sons
Reserve with OpenTable
Wm. Farmer and Sons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed at the hotel/b & b.
The restaurant is absolutely buzzing and I had the best Cosmopolitan and my husband had the best bloody mary with a huge chunk of ice in. I'm not doing it justice!
The food was excellent from start to finish and is all seasonal.
Best meal we had in town.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We had an amazing meal - definitely recommend. The fried chicken + biscuits was incredible, as was the rabbit ragout. So, so good!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

After all of the mixed Yelp reviews, I had no idea what to expect from this establishment. It turns out that the food is delicious, the ambiance is great for a romantic date or dinner with friends, and the drinks are stiff!

I am glad we gambled our one night in Hudson on this place for dinner. My fiancee and I shared a few starters – this amazing sesame broccoli dish, excellent snails, and the buttered prawns which were just okay in my opinion (was not a fan of the congee base). Starting off though, it was pretty solid. Next, I had the steak which was perfectly cooked and portioned. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. My fiancee had the rabbit ragout which we also thought highly of. It was a flavorful and tender dish.

We had a couple of cocktails and they warmed us up on a chilly night. We loved the crackling fireplace in the front dining room and felt very satiated upon leaving. I would absolutely recommend and return.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped in from the train station down the block and discovered our new favorite Hudson dining place. Great food, wonderful service 9by Rob), delightful menu selections. Glad we ventured off Warren Street ! Well worth the short extra distance.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had lunch there today on the beautiful crisp fall day. The decor is rustic but modern and warm. We were told to pick our table so we went “downstairs” near the fireplace (gas) which was burning nicely.

The lunch menu is not overwhelming with choices. I liked the simplicity.

I had a fried chicken sandwich with chipotle mayonnaise and top with green goddess coleslaw. The chicken was delightfully tender and the toasted brioche bun was perfect. I opted for the side of German potato salad which was tasty.

My wife had the Cobb salad. It was a generous salad and highlights included nice chunks of their homemade smoked pork belly bacon. It also includes a generous portion of their cubed fried white meat chicken.

The portion sizes were just right.

Prices were about average for the area.

Service was excellent and unassuming.

I’d go again.

NOTES: they have a full service bar and I think cocktails might be a specialty, so it might be a good place for happy hour or an evening drink. There was plenty of seating at and around the bar.

Been to Wm. Farmer and Sons? Share your experiences!