“Cozy, Ambient, Great Dishes”

Wm. Farmer and Sons
Reserve with OpenTable
Wm. Farmer and Sons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Reviewed 15 November 2017

After all of the mixed Yelp reviews, I had no idea what to expect from this establishment. It turns out that the food is delicious, the ambiance is great for a romantic date or dinner with friends, and the drinks are stiff!

I am glad we gambled our one night in Hudson on this place for dinner. My fiancee and I shared a few starters – this amazing sesame broccoli dish, excellent snails, and the buttered prawns which were just okay in my opinion (was not a fan of the congee base). Starting off though, it was pretty solid. Next, I had the steak which was perfectly cooked and portioned. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. My fiancee had the rabbit ragout which we also thought highly of. It was a flavorful and tender dish.

We had a couple of cocktails and they warmed us up on a chilly night. We loved the crackling fireplace in the front dining room and felt very satiated upon leaving. I would absolutely recommend and return.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped in from the train station down the block and discovered our new favorite Hudson dining place. Great food, wonderful service 9by Rob), delightful menu selections. Glad we ventured off Warren Street ! Well worth the short extra distance.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had lunch there today on the beautiful crisp fall day. The decor is rustic but modern and warm. We were told to pick our table so we went “downstairs” near the fireplace (gas) which was burning nicely.

The lunch menu is not overwhelming with choices. I liked the simplicity.

I had a fried chicken sandwich with chipotle mayonnaise and top with green goddess coleslaw. The chicken was delightfully tender and the toasted brioche bun was perfect. I opted for the side of German potato salad which was tasty.

My wife had the Cobb salad. It was a generous salad and highlights included nice chunks of their homemade smoked pork belly bacon. It also includes a generous portion of their cubed fried white meat chicken.

The portion sizes were just right.

Prices were about average for the area.

Service was excellent and unassuming.

I’d go again.

NOTES: they have a full service bar and I think cocktails might be a specialty, so it might be a good place for happy hour or an evening drink. There was plenty of seating at and around the bar.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We were just in for dinner last weekend and had the greatest experience. The bar room is beautiful. We waited to be sat and ordered a few drinks from the bartender Sean, being a bourbon person he crafted me the best drink I ever had. Megan order a glass of white wine and they easily transferred it to our table with out us even asking .

We sat at table near the window and we instantly greeted with a smile and water service. sparkling or still. what a touch of class. Our server was amazing! she guide us threw the menu with ease made suggestions that fit our palettes very well. You must try the fresh oysters,and the crab dip. Wow.

Ericka then made incredible wine pairing for our main course I had the trout and Meg had the tavern steak. We had to share it was too good .

Our dessert choices Chocolate bar and banana cream pie were our the top. French press coffee to the table 1/ 2 or a full press was an added touch you don't see in many places.

We ended up back at the bar with Sean sipping a Papa Van Winkle 15 yr .

We spoke to Sarah the Guest Services Manager and booked a suite for her birthday . She was lovely. Her and Megan chatted about local art and hot spots.
To the entire staff at at WM Farmers and Sons it like was going dinner with friends

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Stayed at Wm. Farmer for the weekend, and went to the restaurant for brunch on Saturday morning. We had a great round farm-style table for 6 people, and our servers were super nice and efficient. We all had the brunch burger, and then got an order of the fried french toast with blueberry compote for the table. Everything was delicious! Would definitely eat here again.