“Great lunch place”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We went there with a friend on a sunny Sunday afternoon. It was packed but one table was still available. It took a little before our order was taken and also some time for our salad and pizzas to arrive. But it was worth the wait, although I would have liked the pizza crust to be just a little less solid. Still very tasty experience. The service was good despite the wait. It just was a very full place. Parking is on the street which can be busy.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Very good pizza. We would definitely go there again. We went on a Sunday night and it was very busy. I also liked that it has a gluten free menu.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

BABA Louie's is definitely worth a visit!! It is probably my favorite destination for the best pizza! One of the secrets is the sourdough crust, which has the perfect consistency , along with the great ingredients for additional add ons. We made our first visit to the Hudson location, and found it to be on par with the Great Barrington location which we have been to more than a few times, though be aware, there may be a line at the door for this popular spot.
And don't forget the many creative salad options........all delicious!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Hudson for the day and found this place as highly recommended on trip advisor so wanted to try it. The antipasto salad was plentiful and filling with fresh ingredients and topped with a flax seed wheat bread served with the salad. We also shared a small margherita pizza with garlic sausage and sun dried tomatoes. They have several specialty pizzas as well to choose between with lots of great toppings. Our pizza was very tasty with a sour dough crust. We paired our meal with the Chianti and definitely enjoyed everything. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Can see why this is a top choice!!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stopped in for a quick lunch while in Hudson on Sunday at mid-day. We were seated where I had a view to the tiled wood-fired oven and the kitchen crew at work. There were three other tables of diners, and things seemed remarkably quiet. We ordered from the daily special menu -two bowls of vegan Three Bean Soup and a couple salads, and a pot of tea.

There was a fellow busy assembling pizza boxes at the end of the bar, and another taking the assembled boxes and stacking them on shelves above the prep counter next to the oven. The waitress brought the tea and inquired as to whether I didn’t want something from the drink list? No, just the water for now, I told her. She said the soup would be out in a minute, and took the drink menu off the table. Pizza box guy was still folding boxes, and box stacker guy was doing a stacking and adjusting and shuffling exercise involving boxes going up and down from the shelf. Not much other action in the kitchen otherwise, although the other diners plates were coming out slowly. Our waitress stopped by, Bean soup in hand. She dropped off the modest sized bowls with slices of fresh bread, and told us the salads would be out in just a minute. It was now one PM and more diners were being seated. The soup was hot, tasted fine, and the first couple beans were soft and creamy. I was relieved as many places don’t cook beans to full softness. Added fresh ground salt and pepper to adjust the taste. The pizza box guys were still at it, especially the stacker guy in the kitchen, who was putting the stack up, taking it down, adjusting and putting back up, shuffling right, then left, then down again...quite the production. A couple more spoons of soup, and another touch of pepper, and the broth was tasting pretty good, but simultaneously my wife and I both said “the skins are tough!” Salads were by this time coming out of the kitchen and going to other tables. The waitress stopped by and said that our salads would be coming out in “just a minute.” She asked again - didn’t I want a drink- something from the bar? “No thanks, just the salads, please.” A couple was now seated at the table to our left. Pizza box folder guy was now finishing up the final box in his stack, while pizza box stacker guy was still doing his gyrations and stacking and unshackling exercise with little obvious effect: the shelf is still nearly empty. At this point, another waitress stops by with a drink menu which she puts next to me and insists that surely I must want a drink! No thanks, just our salads. I handed her the drink menu. She walked off, and another waitress delivers salads to the table on our left. It’s now 45 minutes since we ordered. First waitress stops by - “ Just another minute on those salads” she informs, as she clears the soup bowls. Salads are then served to the table on our right, who were seated about ten minutes ago. Pizza box stacker guy is still doing the up and down and back and forth. Five more minutes of his adjustments haven’t resulted in any more boxes on the shelf. “This is like a surrealistic movie” I said as the waitress approaches to say “Just another minute for those salads!” More salads come out of the kitchen, bound for recently-seated diners at the front of the room. In exasperation I flagged down the waitress - “This is taking way too long.” “It’ll just be another minute”she assured but I told her time was up we were cancelling the salad orders. She stomped off and went to the kitchen where box stacker was still at it and salad prep guy was, what, out to lunch? Or maybe mesmerized by pizza box stacker guy’s antics with empty pizza boxes? The hostess appeared at table and mumbled something about it being busy . Waitress stomped up and slammed the bill on the table and stomped off.

We used to visit This place and BaBa Louie’s in Great Barrington periodically, but it has been a while. It will be another long while til we go back. Perhaps Pizza Box Stacker Guy will have the shelf filled by then...

Tab was $15 for two medium sized bowls of nearly cooked bean soup and a small pot of tea.