“Great pizzas and salad for price”

BABA Louie's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Great thin crust pizzas with original toppings. I like the white pizza with pineapple shrimp and coconut. We also like the one with figs. Make great large family size salads too! Have been back many times!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were seated immediately. We knew what we wanted because they post the menus in the window, which makes it so simple! We were brought water and the menus and asked if we wanted something to drink beforehand. We did and it was served right away. I say this all because we went on a Saturday during peak Leaf Peeping. Our meals were hot, tasty and plentiful. I recommend the Panini Margherita - a grilled cheese mozzarella and parmesan cheese with caramelized onions, sun dried tomato spread between grilled focaccia bread
(companion had focaccia bread I had gluten free which was grilled as well). Service quick, easy and a clean environment.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to Baba Louie’s many times. It’s a great place to go for a glass of wine or two and “designer” pizza and salad. I say designer pizza because, although I enjoy the pizza here very much, it’s not at all like the New York pizza I prefer, being a Native New Yorker. While it’s not typical pizza, this pizza’s extremely thin crust and delicious toppings (my favorite is figs) make for a great meal when paired with one of Baba Louie’s great salads. I always ask for extra dressing with my salad. While the salads are enormous, the dressing cup is quite small. Gluten free pizza is available and looks great, although I’ve never had it.
The restaurant is in one of Hudson’s historic old Warren St. buildings, lending the place a cozy, historic feel.
The only drawbacks to Baba Louie’s, in my opinion, are its size and the level of noise on a busy evening. Because the restaurant is small, every inch is utilized and the wait can be a bit long and a table near the door can be pretty drafty on a cold or rainy evening. The noise level can also be high so don’t come on a busy Saturday night with plans of having an intimate conversation.

1  Thank VassarGirl
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We went to a local movie and walked over to Baba Louie's after, knowing that they were open until 10. Living in Hudson we use BL's as one of our go to places - the food is great and the service is as well. We were promptly sat and our server (I forgot her name) took care of us from that moment on. We shared the Bruschetta Salad, which was awesome and the "regular" was big enough for 3 hearty eaters. We then each ordered a small pizza. Each one was fresh out of the oven hot with a thin, crispy crust and great toppings, and each of us had enough to take home for lunch the next day. Unfortunately, no room for dessert. While the pizza was amazing, I'm still dreaming of that salad - the dressing was perfect, the tomatoes on top of the bread had just the right consistency and a nuttiness that offset the balsamic vinaigrette. I may have to go back for some takeout! BL's doesn't break the bank (which is a nice change for Hudson) but they do attract families with kids (which is great), so just be aware.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Arrived in Hudson, looking for a nice place for dinner. Welcoming entrance and lovely staff. This room is actually beautiful, pressed metal ceilings etc. It actually fits in well with the Hudson atmosphere. We shared a pizza which was lovely, fresh ingredients, nicely cooked. A couple of glasses of wine. A relaxing place to eat .Thank you