“Great Breakfast!”

Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 July 2016

My wife and I visited this gem recently on our vacation. I ordered the breakfast burrito served with a side of fresh fruit after watching two of Hudson's finest chowing down on them. Burrito was loaded with sausage, cheese, peppers, onions and home fried potatoes. I really spiced mine up with saracha sauce! Very good and reasonable priced.
The wife had the full breakfast plate with a yuge pancake, bacon, home fries and taylor ham. It was all good as i sampled myself because she couldnt eat it all. The coffee was very good and piping hot. Place was tastefully decorated and also had bathrooms (something that some NY restaurants fail to see the need to have). Tansy's also serves lunch and closes at 2:30 p.m.

1  Thank cruedaddy

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Just had the best French toast - found this little place as we were walking down warren street - cute like a little tea shop - quiet, lively service. Recommend highly!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

These lives are very short. Lost in our little daydreams, how we all scuttle around, making plans for a future that may never come! What a gift it is, then, for a man to find a cozy place — a place to stop and edify his soul with solemn contemplations of his own transience in this poignant, unknowable world. Tanzy's is such a place. Its matrons are upright, decent and true. Like kind grandmothers, gentle but firm, their very presence enlivens the spirit of the contemplative man. Were I compelled to submit a single item of quibble, I could but say that Tanzy's is closed too early of an afternoon — oh, how I should love to sup there! But whether to enjoy the hearty breakfast fare, or simply to spend a few hours lost in thought, idly nursing some tolerable drink, Tanzy's is the place to be. How could I give it just 5 stars when it merits as many as adorn the heavenly firmament! A fine place for a family, for a couple, or even just a man alone, gazing into the blackness of space illimitable.

13  Thank Reginald-Warren
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Cozy, homey and the food is great! Have been for breakfast and lunch and all food I have had there is great!

1  Thank pamjayne58
Reviewed 4 May 2016

We had a lovely Sunday morning breakfast four (one toddler). The coffee and pancakes were great. Eggs, ham, and bacon real good. Waitress was really friendly and the place even had gluten-free bread. Nice displays of tea sets and homey feeling. The only drawback was the omelettes had very little of the special insides be it mushroom, spinach, and/or cheese. Worth returning to again.