3rd State Hudson
Expedia
The Barlow(Hudson)(Great Value!)
US$145
Expedia
Best Western New Baltimore Inn(West Coxsackie)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$99
Trip.com
US$101
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$75
Elm Tree Motel(Craryville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We stayed there while attending a week end wedding, and it was a very nice place. The kitchens and big tables were handy when we needed a snack or a breakfast. Beds were comfortable, and we were able to squeeze a good number of people in each apartment without feeling crowded. The owners seemed to be very accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2016

My boyfriend and I went to visit friends in Coxsackie on New Years Eve and stayed at 3rd street hudson. This is a great little B&B like hotel (I say like because there is no breakfast:)) We stayed in the Travelers Suite and had a kitchen and our own bathroom. It was such a quaint little hotel! The hosts (Kiley and Roxanne) are so friendly and will make sure you have everything you need!

We stayed for 2 nights and would recommend this place, IF this is the type of hotel you are interested in staying at. It's not a Marriott or Hilton...there's no concierge lounge or daily maid service, or even TV's for that matter. But it is a great, clean and comfortable place to stay. Hudson is a great little town with lots of antique shopping, and this place fits right in.

Great experience at a great cost. I would definately recommend and will be back!

Room Tip: Travellers suite was very spacious (3 bedrooms, 1 very small off the kitchen), kitchen, dining area and private bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Love the previous review. Stayed in both Audubon & Star Wars. Both are fantastic but I must say Star Wars is my favorite. I was pretty sick the last time I was there & Kiley made sure I had everything I needed.
He is a very good host & I highly recommend staying at 3rd State. I also agree, don't let the exterior deter you.. give him time, he's doing all the renovations himself.
They even have wifi now. :-)

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We're not sure what was our favorite part - the inspirational vibe you immediately get when you enter the apartment, the incredible deal, or hanging out with the host.

THE VIBE:
It's like Ikea meets vintage – vibrant, plush chairs and contemporary wooden furniture are tastefully accented with hints of olden time magazines, antique tea cups, and renovated 1930’s structuring. The wispy curtains in the incredibly spacious foyer cast a light & airy vibe that will inspire you to do all the things you keep putting off back home.

THE DEAL:
You get an entire apartment with 4 thoughtfully decorated bedrooms (3 twin beds + 1 huge master bedroom), each with its own look and feel, a classic kitchenette (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, gas oven, sink, & cabinets), a modest bathroom with a separate 1930's clawfoot tub/wash room, and a spacious, avant-garde foyer/living area – all for less than $100/night.

THE HOST:
When you meet Kiley, the host/owner of this oasis of ingenious lodging that he calls 3rd State, you'll understand why you're getting such a great deal. He's down to earth and just wants you to have a good time. He's business savvy yet completely in tune with the residents and passionate about helping the community.

TIPS:
Hudson “city” in general, is very small; therefore the tourist area and the regular residential area are very close in proximity. 3rd State is located right on the edge of one of the residential areas, however, just 2 blocks away is the town’s main attraction (Warren Street), which will lead you to all of the antique shops, art galleries, & DIY businesses to your heart’s content. You’ll pay at least double for a hotel on the tourist street, but as we see it, it’s totally not worth it.

Oh yeah, and don’t let 3rd State’s outside appearance fool you – the inside is completely renovated and as noted above, VERY nicely decorated.

Room Tip: The Audubon Suite is definitely the way to go if you want a lot of space and/or you're traveling with friends or a large family.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah M
KileyThompson, Owner at 3rd State Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We try our best to make everything affordable and accessible to everyone, and I'm so glad you "GOT" it!