“Breakfast”

George & Son Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 94 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Home visiting mom and dad. After a morning work out at planet fitness, decided to get some breakfast. Nice place, nothing special. I ordered the breakfast burrito, corn beef hash, hash browns. Every thing was very good, especially the hash browns, not to over cooked, real potatoes, not out of a bag. More then enough food for price, service was good, no at table all the time, but there just enough. Would return again

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Dropped into this little gem for breakfast. The waitresses were very pleasant and eager to serve. I had the 2 eggs with sausage links. It comes with hash browns and toast as well. It was a good breakfast and very reasonably priced!

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Smoltman
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Very friendly waitress ... told her what I was looking for ...she gave me a great recommendation ... had a Cobb salad ... loaded with grilled chicken and bacon ... plenty of food ... everything good and fresh tasting

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Allen_from_Ghent
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Not much atmosphere; the whole place is a little "tired", and when this is sometimes just "shabby chic", it does not apply here. Just "shabby". The food is fine, although our French fries were pretty tasteless. Prices are fair and the helpings are generous. Service is OK. We use it when we need something around here in a hurry. Better than going to McD's!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Had lunch here with my mother. Have been here on a couple of occasions. The fries are always great. The food is always fresh and hot and they have a case with fresh made bakery goods that are always fantastic. On this occasion though, I ordered a grilled cheese with ham that was on the menu along with a hot toast beef and swiss, ruben sandwiches and such. Above this is reads " the following sandwiches are served with fries." I get my sandwich and it has a cup of coleslaw on the plate and no fries. I ask the waitress where the fries where and she said it didn't come with fries. I told her that the menu said it did. She replied " everyone makes that mistake, they only come with the melts." She then proceeded to argue with me about the fries. She asked if I would like fries and I said yes. She put the order in and then to make matters worse....she comes back to the table and says " I know it doesn't come with fries, because I am the owners daughter." That is the last thing you say to an upset customer. You apologize for the misunderstanding...maybe just give them $2.00 worth of fries. You don't try and get the last word. And then to beat it all. We go to check out. The meal was good as usual and very in expensive at $17.22. I have her $30 and told her to just give me back $8.00. A good tip of $4.78. Well she gives me back $10.78. So I have to explain it to her and she acts like I'm trying to rip her off. So finally I just said give me $7.00 and I left. Needless to say. I will not be back. If she is the future of her fathers business, it won't be around long.

Date of visit: September 2015