“Great for what it is ”

George & Son Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Very friendly waitress ... told her what I was looking for ...she gave me a great recommendation ... had a Cobb salad ... loaded with grilled chicken and bacon ... plenty of food ... everything good and fresh tasting

1  Thank Allen_from_Ghent

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Not much atmosphere; the whole place is a little "tired", and when this is sometimes just "shabby chic", it does not apply here. Just "shabby". The food is fine, although our French fries were pretty tasteless. Prices are fair and the helpings are generous. Service is OK. We use it when we need something around here in a hurry. Better than going to McD's!

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Had lunch here with my mother. Have been here on a couple of occasions. The fries are always great. The food is always fresh and hot and they have a case with fresh made bakery goods that are always fantastic. On this occasion though, I ordered a grilled cheese with ham that was on the menu along with a hot toast beef and swiss, ruben sandwiches and such. Above this is reads " the following sandwiches are served with fries." I get my sandwich and it has a cup of coleslaw on the plate and no fries. I ask the waitress where the fries where and she said it didn't come with fries. I told her that the menu said it did. She replied " everyone makes that mistake, they only come with the melts." She then proceeded to argue with me about the fries. She asked if I would like fries and I said yes. She put the order in and then to make matters worse....she comes back to the table and says " I know it doesn't come with fries, because I am the owners daughter." That is the last thing you say to an upset customer. You apologize for the misunderstanding...maybe just give them $2.00 worth of fries. You don't try and get the last word. And then to beat it all. We go to check out. The meal was good as usual and very in expensive at $17.22. I have her $30 and told her to just give me back $8.00. A good tip of $4.78. Well she gives me back $10.78. So I have to explain it to her and she acts like I'm trying to rip her off. So finally I just said give me $7.00 and I left. Needless to say. I will not be back. If she is the future of her fathers business, it won't be around long.

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We found this place following a local tip, and it was a good find. This is tucked away at the far end of a strip mall, and doesn’t look like much from the outside. The interior was simple, and uses the long narrow space very well. The tables are against one wall, while the kitchen area is along the other (a short wall separates the food prep area from the dining area). While there’s a lot of Greek food, there were other selections available. The buffalo chicken wrap was very good. The food came out prompt and fresh, and the service was nice.

In the front by the entrance was a dessert case with a number of tempting items available. One large pasty-looking item was actually a variation of an apple pie which would be sliced in the same manner as a cake. There’s plenty of parking available, and the prices here were reasonable. This makes a good lunch destination, or a good place for a young couple to meet.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We used to order from G&S at my office until it became too unbearable to even order there. Orders are always mixed up, everything tastes the same as anything else (bacon tastes like the homefries which all tastes like the eggs and anything else), lastly the employees were rude whenever we would call and let them know our orders were wrong...