“Hudson's Little Italy”

Add it.
Italian Market
Ranked #25 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Billy has been here for over 6 years and has created a destination, for the food and his entertaining manner. There's no question he's a New Yorker, and if you want gravy, this is where to go, along with a list of sandwiches done city style.
Personally, I am addicted to his eggplant parmigiana, made all the better with a semolina roll and butter to dip and scoop.
I have watched this labor of love grow to its current stage and hope we don't lose Billy to a Whole Foods buyout.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Last Saturday we drove down to Hudson to stroll the antique shops. But the weather was too windy and cold, so we decided to check out the Italian Market that we had read about on other site! Reviewers had raved about the owner and the eggplant parm. So, we samples some, along with a plate of antipasto that was prepared just for us! The cold cuts were all from Italy and the taste said so. The eggplant parm was the best I have tried in my 65 years of eating good food! There are only three tables to sit, which makes the experience even more wonderful! Because of it we got to see the dish that was prepared for our neighboring table: a sumptuous collection of cooked greens and cheeses! This place is well worth a trip to Hudson, even from NY City!

1  Thank Seyfollah M
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I happened by this restaurant walking back to my hotel. I ordered the lasagna to go and it was really, really good! I wish I could go back and try the sandwiches! If you are in the area be sure and stop by and see Billy. He knows his food and is fun to talk to!

1  Thank NellieBamaBly
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This place is soooooo good. Its hard not to enjoy food here. They served up incredible sandwiches made with fresh italian deli options. Best lunch of our trip

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Luckily we picked up lots of brochures or we would have missed the Italian Market . Unlike most of the places in the brochures , this spot is on Columbia Street at 7th . Just a small place , you can sit there and eat at a few tables other take out a sandwich .
We are small eaters , so we ordered one sandwich to share . It was enormous ! On an Italian roll , it contained chicken , prosciutto , tomato , greens , peppers . The server would have added cheese but I am lactose intolerant . He made it hot but would have served it cold if we wanted it . There were bottled drinks and he can make any combination sandwich you desire.
We ate our sandwich in a park. It was wrapped separately and he gave us napkins so it was not a problem to dine outside . The sandwich was delicious .
This is a great place to go if you want to take a picnic .