“Full of Charm and Impeccable Hospitality”

Hudson City Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This is a charming BnB on Allen St, just a few short blocks away from the main Warren St drag. It is indeed ideally situated as you can make your way to just about anywhere, including restaurants, cafes, bars, antique shops and, the train station, in a matter of minutes.

Barry was such an excellent host. He took time out to orient us to the house and all the particulars, and was very helpful with information about the surrounding area. His waffles in the morning were some of the tastiest and something we looked forward to daily, during our stay there.

Overall a lovely experience. Hope to return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 September 2017

As thick skinned as I've always considered myself to be, NYC really eats at me.

This happens to me every so often and everyone who knows me, knows where Gillys vacation spot is; the wilderness, the ruggedness that is the outback, the cliff faces, the mountaintops - these are the reasons up north is where I make my way when looking to get zen.

Nah, I don't need the fancy beaches and the margaritas - give me the shy deer and little black bear cubs chasing after mum. The streams, the picturesque rivers & falls... This all makes it clear (to me at least) where it is we really belong.

I think being blasted in the face by passing New York City buses exhausts one time too many has drilled this point home for this here Brooklynite.

I made my way first to say hi to friends over at Woodstock.

There, an artist friend of mine (taking into consideration unrelated information I've shared w/him) mentioned I should make my way to an area called Hudson, mentioned it was hip, up and coming, and what-not.

So I did, and it was true, this area is pretty doap.

I stayed here because the gentleman was super friendly before deciding to book, and remained so the entire stay - very helpful actually regarding certain "live" local spots.

I love it up here!

Room Tip: Mention Gillyroze
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stayed here this week for 2 nights. The inn was great; lovely decorations, wonderful room with a comfortable bed and lots of space. Barry, our host, was very friendly and cooked excellent breakfasts each morning. Great location meant we could leave car parked and walk most of Hudson. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stay in a lot of B and B's . I liked this one. The french toast with apricot was the best i ever had. The house is filled with antiques and is very interesting. The host was polite, professional, and good company as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is a Second Empire era Victorian home (c. 1865) with high ceilings, great front porch, all the detail molding work, etc. The owner, Barry Butterfield, is a wonderful host and made us three different outstanding breakfasts during our stay. He is also extremely helpful. The house is only a few short blocks from the main downtown street (Warren) and a short drive or walk down to the waterfront park. Hudson is convenient to Saratoga (1.22 hrs) or Tanglewood (50 mins). Great restaurants in town like Ca Mea (Italian) and Cafe Le Perch (French). Loved the house - we'll be back.

Room Tip: We were on second floor - quiet room - bed and linens were extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family