“hard to call a spa...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Hudson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I would have to say that, to me, calling this a spa is a bit of a misnomer. There was nowhere to hang out and relax prior to or after the massages. It was almost like sitting in a waiting room at a doctor's office. When you were taken in for your masaage you placed your clothes in a pile on a chair in the massage room and when done you put them on in the same room without an opportunity for a shower---it is a buzz kill for the massage and again reminded me of a visit to the doctor. The massage itself was average.

Melinda M, Owner at Bodhi Holistic Spa & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

As a local business woman who started Bodhi 15 years ago in one room doing massage therapy and has successfully purchased a building in downtown Hudson and had it renovated from the ground up as a sanctuary for the community and its visitors, I find your review to be offensive and quite honestly wrong information. Here is the definition of a Day spa, "A day spa is a business which provides a variety of services for the purpose of improving health, beauty and relaxation through personal care treatments such as hair, massages and facials.". There is no way for me to have a shower in each room or a huge lounge in a building from 1810 unless I completely ruin the integrity of the building & spend an extra million dollars that I don't have. I would also have to charge alot more for our services because of this. I can by no means apologize for this because I take great pride in the fact that we resurrected this building. Also there are 2 sauna's and a steam shower. Not enough for you? Obviously in the future you will go someone else and pay double the price. I do wish you an abundance of joy for a lovely holiday season. All the best and many blessings,
Melinda, Owner, mother of 3

Reviewed 14 November 2015

Very nice spa. Lovely old building. Very clean. Great massage at a reasonable price. Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

I took my mother there for her birthday and we both got massages. She got a hot stone massage and I got a hot towel massage. It was so sensual and everyone seemed so kind and soothing.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

The building itself is beautiful, the decor is attractive, lighting is optimum. The front desk staff are really kind and helpful. I did have trouble with their online booking so I had to wait until they opened to book the appointment. No big deal because the front desk people are so nice. Now I did an aromatherapy massage. The weird part is that the woman that gave me a massage kept actually just pressing on certain parts of my body. Not massaging, which is what I was there for. She would actually just press and hold the pressure for a full minute and then release it and move on to another part of my body. I have had alot of massages including deep tissue and I have never had someone just hold their hand in place until you whimper or writhe in agony. It was bizarre and it is the only reason I am writing this review. She even did it on my shoulder muscles . She just placed her forearm on my shoulder and held it in place with solid strong pressure for at least a full minute. No massage just holding her forearm there until she stopped. Weird. It was actually annoying. This practice enveloped approximately one third of my massage. But I must say that the rest of my massage was great! I don't want to give the place a bad review, I just want other people to be aware that this might happen. I would recommend someone trying it, just hopefully you don't get this same person. They should also put the sound diffusers in the hallways. Because it is an old building and the walls and doors are quite thin. You can hear other people talking in the building and even street sounds. Diffusers would help with this. I noticed there was one inside the massage room itself and it wasn't on and there were none in the hallways that I saw. Give them a try. You might like it.

8  Thank Lavida L