“Nice Lunch Spot ”

Add it.
Scali's Pizza
Ranked #52 of 94 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is a decent Italian pizzeria and restaurant that enjoys repeat business from local customers. It has quick, friendly service and is open 7 days a week, unlike many local restaurants that are closed or have limited hours on Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday excepted). The 12" stuffed Italian sub is my favorite. The pizza is sold by the slice or whole pie. I may order an extra slice when I am real hungry.

Alas, out-of-towners up on the Amtrak train from NYC will never eat at Scali's, because (1) it is a good 1/2 mile east of the top of Warren Street and because (2) it is not Zagat-rated. Instead, they will stand outside Baba Louie's (no reservations taken) on Warren Street with persons of refined palates congratulating themselves on finding, arguably, Hudson Valley's finest pizzeria and not having to drive all the way to the original restaurant in Great Barrington, MA. Confession - I often made the drive to MA and now eat regularly at the Hudson location, my average palate thoroughly satisfied.

Try Scali's for lunch.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 15 January 2017

i have eaten here a few times had slices in house and had a pizza for take out pizza is close to NYC style plus more dishes on the menu take out for us is tough as our home is a bit of a drive but still good reheated at home

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank grindsto
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Sometimes what you order is great and sometimes it's awful. The one thing that is always great are their garlic knots.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Great pizza. Very affordable. Friendly staff, plebty of seating. Like the laid back atmosphere of the place.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Tommy_C1167
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Came here with a friend for dinner on a Friday night. The food is mixed.
We shared a boneless buffalo chicken as an appetizer. For the price of $8-$9 we did get enough food and the sauce is delicious. We like hot food and we ordered the Thai heat sauce but it is more on the sweet side (and looks like it has been made from the Thai chilli sauce that you can get from the grocery stores). Nevertheless, the portion is good and the taste is great so I am happy with this order.
The hamburger is another story. First of all, the bread is not the traditional buns and it is more like the chewy Italian bread. It's okay as it shows that they have their own idea of making a burger. However, the meat patty inside is not good. I am expecting a meaty juicy meat patty with some grill marks, but the meat inside is not so good. I think the burger is a disappointment.
I asked to not have fries with my burger and my friend asked for "burned fries". The burned fries are crispy but a bit dry. I am fine with it as it is a conscious choice of my friend.
Overall, two burgers (one with fries one not), an order of boneless buffalo chicken, and an order of ceasar salad with shrimp on top with two diet soda costs $37. I think it is a bit overpriced based on the food quality we got. Therefore, value is a 2 star. Food is a 3 star -- enjoyed the buffalo chicken but the burger was not good. Service is a 3- star. Our waitress messed up the order (but not in a way that would make us not enjoy the meal). Overall rating is a 3- star.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank BHUANG69

Been to Scali's Pizza? Share your experiences!