“eaten a slice or 2 in house and takeout”
Review of Scali's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scali's Pizza
Ranked #52 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 15 January 2017

i have eaten here a few times had slices in house and had a pizza for take out pizza is close to NYC style plus more dishes on the menu take out for us is tough as our home is a bit of a drive but still good reheated at home

1  Thank grindsto

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Sometimes what you order is great and sometimes it's awful. The one thing that is always great are their garlic knots.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Great pizza. Very affordable. Friendly staff, plebty of seating. Like the laid back atmosphere of the place.

1  Thank Tommy_C1167
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Came here with a friend for dinner on a Friday night. The food is mixed.
We shared a boneless buffalo chicken as an appetizer. For the price of $8-$9 we did get enough food and the sauce is delicious. We like hot food and we ordered the Thai heat sauce but it is more on the sweet side (and looks like it has been made from the Thai chilli sauce that you can get from the grocery stores). Nevertheless, the portion is good and the taste is great so I am happy with this order.
The hamburger is another story. First of all, the bread is not the traditional buns and it is more like the chewy Italian bread. It's okay as it shows that they have their own idea of making a burger. However, the meat patty inside is not good. I am expecting a meaty juicy meat patty with some grill marks, but the meat inside is not so good. I think the burger is a disappointment.
I asked to not have fries with my burger and my friend asked for "burned fries". The burned fries are crispy but a bit dry. I am fine with it as it is a conscious choice of my friend.
Overall, two burgers (one with fries one not), an order of boneless buffalo chicken, and an order of ceasar salad with shrimp on top with two diet soda costs $37. I think it is a bit overpriced based on the food quality we got. Therefore, value is a 2 star. Food is a 3 star -- enjoyed the buffalo chicken but the burger was not good. Service is a 3- star. Our waitress messed up the order (but not in a way that would make us not enjoy the meal). Overall rating is a 3- star.

1  Thank BHUANG69
Reviewed 19 May 2016

One of the best pizza joints around. You won't be disappointed. The pizza is delicious. There are other options for dining as well. They have a variety of Italian cuisine and appetizers. The garlic knots and wings are fantastic.

1  Thank Laurakrz

Been to Scali's Pizza? Share your experiences!