“An Unexpectedly Delightful Bookstore”
Review of Stoddard Corner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stoddard Corner
Ranked #6 of 8 Shopping in Hudson
Reviewed 22 June 2012

While strolling the quaint streets of Hudson one day admiring the shops and architecture of the town, I was thrilled when I came upon Stoddard Corner on Columbia Street. Not knowing the vintage treasures that awaited me inside, I opened the front door to the delightful antique tinkling bell and beheld the most fabulous collection of antique books, journals, personal diaries, ledgers etc. all in their original condition- all in bygone calligraphic hand script.. Peter, the proprietor spent thoughtful time explaining and educating me about this unique and artful collection of early Victorian Americana and I was smitten by his knowledge and passion. If there is a bit of historian in you, this boutique shop has exactly what you're looking for. I will return time and time again. Thank you, Peter !

7  Thank CydShaps
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

This lovely person was one of our first customers and it was a delight to assist her. Her interest was in early 20th-century diaries by American women, and she left with an armful. She had driven up from the Alexander Hamilton House in Croton-on-Hudson, NY which is also listed here on Tripadvisor and she was enthusiastic about her lodging.