“Southern Comfort, rockin' & rollin' on the Hudson River”
Review of Club Helsinki

Club Helsinki
Reserve with OpenTable
Club Helsinki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbia and 4th
Description: Serving food and drink inspired by the bounty of the Hudson Valley, Helsinki Hudson houses a beautiful and comfortable Restaurant with outdoor dining during the warmer months in our Courtyard, an intimate Club/Music Venue where performers from all over the world play on a nightly basis and our Ballroom - a gorgeous private event space which is perfect for your wedding or any special occasion.
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Finally made the trip up from Atlanta, GA to visit this gem of historic repurposing in Hudson, NY.

A 19th century factory of brick and iron now houses several rooms for an intimate or grand life experience in music, good and friendship. There's a warmth to the industrial age, recycled skeletons of architectural salvage designed in a comfortable, artful passion throughout.

My sister & I enjoyed what I like to call a "command performance" during the mellow, less crowded weeknight concerts by one of their world class standard and up & coming musical artists which pack the house to the rafters on weekends according to my sister who lives nearby and has developed an addiction to their music scene, warm hospitality and hearty $13 house burger & sides which drips in applewood bacon, caramelized onions, cheddar & well, you get the jist.
Meanwhile, I succumbed to the wiles of their Memphis BBQ blackened ends smokey brisket with slaw on toasted roll, (not a hamburger bun) pickle and hand cut fries which arrived with a ramekin of their Fried Green Tomatoes with Whiskey Mayonnaise. One of many sides and appetizers available which allow an abundance of choices for the Vegetarians to go hog- free & wild. Grilled watermelon, cheddar grits, black eyed peas, slaw, corn blend, arugela with a ginger dressing... I can't remember them all and their flavours, about a dozen, but each have added a new meaning to constant craving ever since.

Baby back ribs to steak, free range chicken and fish choices were also available. Monday specials too!

Extensive classic beer and craft brew choices, many created within 100 miles. Bourbons, and cocktails abound, full bar service to keep you saited. $2 Coke, and Boylan sodas, teas, etc... for the totalers.

This evening featured The Devon Allman Band, and Devon, did not disappoint. The band's enthusiastic Rock & Roll performance of music he has written was accented with a few classic Allman Bros tunes for those who drift back to the 70's now & again. (Dad should be proud.) Naturally a generous encore was demanded by all in attendance, and granted after quite the audience fuss!

We were treated to a one on one, meet & greet, where I watched as this young man, Devon Allman, treated everyone who approached with a warmth, patience & solid attitude of solidarity (appreciation) for every supporter there. A gift of time.

Where do you find a bonus like that?
Tickets were $35.
The beauty of an intimate venue vs their 10,000 person stadium performances. Find it at Club Helsinki.

Worth the 1200 mile drive!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Love to go here Sunday nights! New menu is wonderful. We split the brisket and I had tomatoes w/nuts and herbs. Both were delicious! We sat in the garden and tables are generous and not too close together. Service is very good!

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Thank you so very much to Mark and Austin for everything you did to make our wedding day just perfect!
Austin--I can't even imagine all of the behind the scenes juggling! And always keeping your cool and lookin' cool while doing it!!

We are so very thankful for you both and your staff (bar staff was amazing, attentive, quick and so very helpful--one bar tender, even walked the blocks to our after party, to bring us our after party s'mores favors, that we'd forgotten!!) Signature cocktails were fantastic! Everyone was raving about them!

Food was good and cake was delicious (beautiful, and edible--a very rare combination in the wedding cake industry!!)

Austin is amazing! All of his abilities and talents are priceless! The event space is absolutely gorgeous...but without him, it would be a breath-taking "space"--he made it a beautiful event! :-)

I would recommend this venue to anyone!
Thank you!

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Just have dinner at Club Helsinki. We've been going there for years and think that the food and experience is one of the best in Hudson. But tonight they introduced a new menu, and I don't know how, but they've improved upon perfection!

To begin, our service with Emily was flawless. She was there immediately when we needed her, knew the new menu inside and out, and was friendly and professional beyond compare.

The space is as wonderful as always, with plenty of room to spread out (no 2' x 2' tables here!). The exposed brick, beams and wonderful lighting only make the experience more special.

But the new menu, and its presentation, really will blow your socks off. My ribs were perfectly cooked, with four amazing home-made sauces add a little more favor if you needed it (they were perfect without the sauce, but with it...oh boy!). The sides of home made mac & cheese and fried green tomatoes were excellent. And the entire meal was presented beautifully on a 1/4 cooking tray and presented exactly the way you'd expect it...tastefully and practically done (after all, you are eating ribs), without being pretentious or fake. And trust me, there was PLENTY of food here...enough for lunch for us both tomorrow.

Helsinki is amazing and a real asset to Hudson and our great food and music scene. If you're looking for a great dinner, with perfect food, service and atmosphere, look no further...just get over to Club Helsinki.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Chef Hugh knows what he's doing. He's from Tennessee (not NYC) and knows what he's doing, especially when it comes to his smoker Atticus (yes, as in Finch). Choosing from the new Summer 2016 menu I had the amazing BBQ trio of an enormous smoked sausage, fall off the bone ribs, and tender as butter brisket. With sides of an unbelievably crispy fried okra and not too tart pickled cucumber (two of a host of sides to choose from) this was enough food for two. My husband had the ribs - to die for - with sides of mac and cheese (unreal) and fried green tomatoes (spicy and enough for a meal itself). All outstanding. I guess the only thing I would have to say is order wisely. The menu is beyond tempting, and with one of Helsinki's awesome "beverages" you will be sunk. Amazing food, phenomenal service (thanks Emily!), and atmosphere Helsinki is a destination in Hudson not to be missed!