All reviews front street coffee shop anne marie oysters my husband and i warren street restoration hardware trout merchant house attention to detail train station ground coffee small hotel mini bar in town wet bar cool vibe
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I've visited Hudson, NY many, many times over the past 3 years, when I lived full time in Midtown Manhattan and since I moved back to my hometown in South Central PA after retirement. This time however, I visited with a close friend and we decided to stay at Wm Farmer & Sons rather than my old stand-by.

Boy were we surprised! Beautifully restored cozy hotel, every room unique and very comfortable. Everything is very tastefully decorated. No cost has been spared. Also - and very important to me - very dog friendly. I like to travel everywhere Stateside with my 8 year old Miniature Schnauzer. The staff welcomed him with open arms.
The food was pretty much NYC quality and the service as well. Notably, the oysters on the half shell that we enjoyed in the restaurant the first evening in were some the best I have eaten since Le Bern last June. And every dish we tried was taste and presentation perfect.
The staff is professional and clearly very experienced. The high standard of service is reflected at the front desk, in the bar room and of course the restaurant. You do not often see service like this in a small hotel in rural upstate NY.

This place cannot be missed. If you have not tried it, you need to.
It's truly a gem!!! In our view - the Best Hotel in Hudson - if not the Hudson river valley.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
TheFarmer2015, Manager at Wm Farmer and Sons Boarding & Barroom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to be your new favorite Hudson hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Boarding and Barroom experience. Looking forward to seeing you on your next Hudson adventure!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We stayed in the Chandler - and it was lovely. The room was beautiful, as was the downstairs common area, and the restaurant next door. Our meal was outstanding, and the staff was incredibly helpful and kind (Thanks, Sarah!). We can't wait to go back, and highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TheFarmer2015, Manager at Wm Farmer and Sons Boarding & Barroom, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad you were able to enjoy both the Boarding and the Barroom! We will be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff! Looking forward to seeing you on your next Hudson adventure!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Came to Hudson to escape the City and thoroughly enjoyed staying at Wm Farmer and Sons. The staff was welcoming and their attention to detail was amazing. Even had a dog bowl in our room for our pet! Felt like I was at home. They were helpful in giving ideas of places to visit in the area and other places to eat (they have no food service on Mondays). Don't miss their restaurant. Food was delicious, well presented and service was great. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TheFarmer2015, Manager at Wm Farmer and Sons Boarding & Barroom, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Wm. Farmer and Sons experience! Making sure everyone feels at home, including our four-legged guests, is something we pride ourselves on. Thank you for taking the time to share! We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I️ came for lunch last week and loved this spot. Great wine and food in a beautiful rustic industrial interior that feels both modern and in touch with local roots. Will definitely be back - worth the trip from Manhattan! Also, management could not have been nicer or more hospitable. I️ was in a work snafu and had to take a conference call, and they set me up in a quiet spot with WiFi, which totally saved my butt and made the glass of red wine after even more enjoyable!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TheFarmer2015, Manager at Wm Farmer and Sons Boarding & Barroom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. It's the little things, like making sure a guest can get some work done in order to be able to enjoy the rest of her afternoon, that we love the most! Hope to see you again, and maybe you'll be able to extend your stay and take in the full Wm. Farmer and Sons experience!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

During our wedding weekend in Hudson, we used Wm Farmer as the base hotel for our closest friends -- we could not have been happier with the choice.

Shannon and the Wm Farmer team were extremely accommodating in the build-up, receiving packages, dropping welcome baskets in the rooms before our guests arrived and getting us space in the bar for drinks on Friday night.

When renting out all the rooms, Wm Farmer becomes the optimal mix of a hotel and house; the rooms offer the comforts associated with hotels, and the shared spaces are huge and comfortable for hanging out in groups.

My wife and I stayed in The Fawkner @ the Merchant House, which provided ton of space, great views and the charming design found throughout all their rooms. Our friends all raved about their individual rooms, and everyone who ate at the restaurant had similarly good things to say.

Thinking back on the wedding weekend, some of the best memories took place at the hotel. Wm Farmer & Sons will always have a special place in our hearts, and we'll be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Merchant House is great for groups, also for pre-wedding photos
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
TheFarmer2015, Manager at Wm Farmer and Sons Boarding & Barroom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your Wm. Farmer and Sons experience! We are so glad you chose us as your home base and are delighted to hear that you and your guests felt comfortable and taken care of! Knowing that we'll live on in your memories is an honor. We look forward to seeing you and your wife in the future!