“An absolute winner!”

Pura Vida Fisheries
Ranked #40 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

While researching seafood markets, I stumbled on Pura Vida Fisheries, that thankfully has a dine in or take out service. What better way to test the freshness of their fish than to test it on site? I had the family with me, and we were blown away! My daughter was thrilled they asked her what kind of fish she wanted for her fish and chips. My husband who is not overly prone to compliments declared their fish tacos the best outside California. I had a perfectly and freshly prepared (no over the top mayo to soften a dry old lobster) lobster roll - they boiled the lobster right then and there. We all shared each other’s meals and walked away with a new dining favorite while in the area. I won’t mind traveling an hour to purchase my fish, just pack a cooler and make it an outing! If you are traveling the Hudson Valley leaf peeping this Fall, have a true New England experience with the freshest fish. Just don’t expect to pay for dining ambiance, they are all about the fish here!