“Perfect weekend away from New York, a 5 star home away from home! Amazing hotel and even more amazing owner!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
The Hudson Guest House
Ranked #12 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Hudson Guest House from Friday - Sunday and it really could not have been a better weekend! Michael is just such a genuine, nice, friendly, welcoming person - we had an amazing weekend and have never seen this level of hospitality, not even in 5 star hotels that we've stayed in elsewhere.

From planning the trip to taking the train from Penn Station (he gave us advise on where to sit in the train so that we could enjoy the ride looking at the river) to the weekend itself, it was all perfect! Michael cooks an amazing breakfast (!!), which was absolutely incredible, and had lots of tips on things to do in the area - he went above and beyond to help us figure out hiking trips, farm visits, antique shops, etc. Perhaps more importantly, he was not just a great host, but also a great person to get to know, we became friends in just a few days!

The guest house itself is wonderful - so well designed, location could not be better, rooms were beautiful, just a perfect place! Michael even brought us coffee in the morning to the room, and helped to turn on the fireplace, what else could we wish for - Michael really, really goes above and beyond and truly cares about his guests, and really wants them to feel at home!

We were very sad to go and will certainly be back, such a great time! Thanks very much Michael!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Rein_Im,
Thank you for staying at The Hudson Guest House and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to be of service and I enjoyed the generous sharing of experiences by you and your wife.
It was wonderful to learn you were just recently married - congratulations and all best wishes for your continued happiness, success and good health to last a lifetime.
Your gift of time in writing this inspiring review is greatly appreciated as your words speak volumes and I couldn't ask for more.
I'm so happy you chose The Hudson Guest House and look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.
Best wishes for happy holidays and safe travels in the upcoming months!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The Hudson Guest House was a spectacular experience for a birthday weekend to see the autumn leaves. Everything about the experience came down to a careful attention to detail and gracious service. Micheal went out of his way ask about our likes and dietary needs. He had great itinerary suggestions and his Hudson Guest House is labor of love that is a beautifully curated collection of treasures from around the world. Did I mention he bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room to celebrate my birthday? Or the particular kind of Assam tea waiting for me at breakfast? Had the best sleep in months on a huge bed with luxury linens and a deep soak in the HUGE tub in our suite. Micheal understood how to walk the line between attentive service and giving us space to rest: IT was as if the Hudson Gust House was our own home. What a gem!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Buffalo Hunters painting - quiet sleep
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Autumn C,
Thank you for staying at The Hudson Guest House and also for this wonderful post on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to have you here for your birthday weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed your company. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the details in this review.
Should your future plans include a return trip to Hudson, I hope to welcome you back. Best wishes to you and yours for happy holidays in the season ahead.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Forget grubby English B&Bs with sullen landladies. When did you last sleep in linen sheets! The Hudson Gust House is a beautifully restored period building, exquisitely and luxuriously furnished by the owner Michael, who is the perfect host. Breakfasts are carefully prepared and just fantastic and set you up for the day exploring Hudson and this lovely area. He arranged a hire car for us, and provided information and maps for our excursions. Nothing was too much trouble for him, even suspect he arranged the beautiful autumn (fall) weather!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Mike T,

It was indeed a pleasure and an honor to have you stay at The Hudson Guest House. You were great guests and extended warm, gracious company throughout your stay. I enjoyed the book and will share it with others.

Thank you for the generous review you posted here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the details and spirit in your remarks. Your information on the trails was very useful as a couple this past weekend made use of the guides.

Warmest wishes to you both for happy holidays ahead and to having family on the continent very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a Wonderful three days at this marvelous inn. The host owner chef concierge Michael did not miss a beat in creating this Magical Place. Centrally located on Warren the inn is within walking distance of all Hudson has to offer. We will return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bklyndodger
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear bklyndodger,

I enjoyed your company immensely and and am delighted you were both so pleased.
I hope the rest of your trip continued in this manner and wish you continued happiness for all the years to come.

When your plans include a return trip to Hudson, NY, I'd be honored to welcome you back.

All best,
Michael

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I am usually wary about staying at B&B's as I have concerns about being given my space and also concerns with having to work around someone else's schedule in regards to check in and check out. But it was not at all a problem. Our host, Michael was extremely flexible and we had no trouble checking in even though we arrived later than expected. Michael was also extremely hospitable and extremely detailed oriented. He was very accommodating as to what time we wanted breakfast. Unlike generic hotels, Michael ensures there is variety and options for breakfast so we were not eating the same thing everyday and extremely generous. We were also provide unlimited bottle water. Food was super fresh and there was always a home made baked good. We were a group of 3 girlfriends wanting a place to catch up, and it was perfect. Michael was very friendly but also gave is our space to catch up privately even when we were sitting in the common area. As for the property, it was perfectly located and immaculate and extremely spacious. Our room very comfortably held all 3 girls with space to spare. The bed was super soft and comfortable. The decor was very tastefully done. The wifi also worked perfectly. I have never had a more wonderful stay and Michael with his attention to detail and kindness made the stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JudieNewYork
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear JudieNewYork,

Thank you for selecting The Hudson Guest House and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. The review you posted to TripAdvisor is deeply appreciated and full of so many wonderful details. I'm grateful to you for all the care and time that went into writing it.
You were all great company and it was a pleasure to have you here.