“Awesome service, kinda hipster... pretty small menu”

Oak Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Description: Oak Pizzeria Napoletana is a southern Italian eatery serving authentic neapolitan pizzas, vast selection of small plates (antipasti), terroir driven wines and craft brews.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stopped in mid-week sort of spur of the moment. We were walking around Warren St and figured we'd go in a grab some pizza. It was very quiet, no crowd at all, so we were seated right away, which was nice. As soon as I glanced at the menu I knew it wasn't the right fit, as it was just me and my kids. This is definitely not a simple pizza joint. The pizza options were actually really tasty sounding, and I personally would have probably loved every one of them, but my kids weren't too impressed - they were "too fancy," nothing like just a slice of cheese or pepperoni. The appetizers available were from the categories of Meat, Veggie and Cheese and were again, "fancy," and kind of pricey in my opinion. We went with the app special where you pick 3 for $24 or something. The best I could do as far as something "regular," was a tomato salad, eggplant hummus/bread and roasted red pepper with capers. So. Again, I liked everything, but I am open to and love creative food. My one daughter said, "They put some tomatoes on a plate and called it an appetizer!" when describing our meal to her dad. On ANOTHER note, the service was great, the food came out in a very timely manner, and the waitress gave us extra bread for the hummus. I might go back with a group of friends to try some of the tasty sounding pizzas.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Went to this place on a Saturday afternoon recently, and really enjoyed our meal there. The roasted olive appetizer, coming out of that incredible wood-fired oven, was terrific. And our clam pizza was just perfect. It is worth coming to this place to see that amazing oven. The beer selection featured an excellent lager from Peekskill Brewery that was a perfect accompaniment to the meal.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Awesome Pizza and appetizers! Super nice people - the owners were working the bar and kitchen and engaging with the guests.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had read about this little restaurant on Warren Street in Hudson so my wife stopped one afternoon on our way home. The menu was less extensive then we had thought but I have no complaints...we split one small plate of escarole salad buried under a pile of freshly grated pecorino. There were a few other selections that looked good as well and a nice cheese selection. There is also small plates of seafood and salumis. The pizza choices were excellent...I opted for the Nantucket clam pie and my wife went for "Sylvia's Garden" the vegetarian option. Both were excellent, but the crust is worth the trip all by itself. We were too full for dessert, but that's an option for our next visit. The space is bright and airy and the service was pleasant but not overly attentive.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Delicious food, great service, good selection of drinks--wonderful small plates. The homemade crostini were amazing.