“Christmas Dinner Surprise”
Review of Hudson Curry House

Hudson Curry House
Ranked #43 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

In the Hudson area at our house for the Xmas weekend with adult children and partners. After many meals at home really felt like getting out. As it was Xmas virtually nothing was open, including the supermarkets, then we thought of the Hudson Curry House where we had never been since it looked like a fast food restaurant at a mall. It was open and we made a reservation. We arrived and laughed hysterically at our reservation as we were the only people there. We were a group of three vegetarians and three meat eaters so can comment on all. Everything was fresh and served nicely. The tandoori chicken tikka was grilled perfectly and moist. The lamb tikka biryani was exceptionally tasty. The we also had bindi masala, shag panir, a number of appetizers, breads and chutneys. Everything was tasty and something were exceptionally so. As one of our party noted, definitely exceeded expectations. We will go back and next time we know we can bring our own wine and beer.

1  Thank gestalt768

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Hudson Curry House is in Greenport, just on the outskirts of Hudson. Food is authentic and delicious. Prices are quite reasonable. Service is a bit slow, but they are still looking for help. It's great to have Indian food represented in Hudson, and the Curry House does an admirable job.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Outside, the Curry House looks like it used to be a fast-food place.
As for the inside, it was clean and and the service was friendly.

Being there for a late lunch, there were only a few customers so I can't comment on the service when busy.

We came for the lunch buffet so I didn't really look at the menu.

As for the food, the buffet consisted of a half-dozen or so dishes plus Naan bread, rice pudding (with coconut) and some sauces.

We tried them all, which is why a buffet is a good way to see what you like.
All were good, and all but one would definitely be a repeat for me. Not bad odds.

Clean place, friendly, cheap eats.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

yup I would guess if you were to go home with the owners you couldn't tell the difference from their home cooking dinners. its the best I have tried maybe 15 different dishes and one better than the next .go and enjoy staff friendly, and helpful in making a selection.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The Hudson Curry House is open for both lunch and dinner. I have done only the buffet luncheon since it is always tasty and is an overall bargain. When the Hudson Curry House was first opened I wasn't too impressed. But subsequent visits demonstrated they got their act together; and now they put out a very enjoyable product. I like their luncheon buffet. They have two meat dishes, two vegetable dishes, nan bread, a variety of sauces, plus a tasty dessert (usually an Indian version of rice pudding). I find these buffet luncheons a great bargain. The food is always well-prepared, never too hot, and down-right tasty. I expect to return many times in the future. Next I want to try the evening buffet, which costs a little more, but which also offers more selections.