“Many Choices-very enjoyable”

Ca’Mea Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner w/ another couple over the Weekend, reservations are needed. We had to look at the SPECIALS several time because everything looked AMAZING. Service was attention to detail and all had a Total Dining Experience. We WILL be back!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

To say that Ca' MEA is the best restaurant in Hudson is to give it less credit than it deserves. The food is sheer perfection, absolutely fresh, beautifully cooked, and plated without the pretension so common to eateries in its class, which seems meant to warn you not to try this at home. The waiters appear the minute you want them and never when you don't. Ca'MEA would be great at a normal urban price-point, but it's way below that. Try the pasta vongole.

1  Thank charleskarelis
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined after a day visiting nearby tourist sites. We were promptly seated, without a reservation, though the place seemed to fill in later in the evening. Our server was efficient and accommodating. The bread service was crispy and favorable. We started with a delicious hot and light onion soup. It was tasty and not salty as some onion soups are prone to be. Our server applied grated Parmesan to taste - a nice touch. We shared a veal Parmesan as our entree, which came with a side of Rigatoni. We were disappointed as it did not deliver expectations. The veal was tender, but not crispy or hot. The pasta's sauce and veal's covering was dark and not at all tasty. It was very pedestrian and unaspiring. We finished by sharing a nice Tiramisu over coffee. Other than the entree the evening was nice.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I hesitated about writing a review after we ate at Ca’ MEA mid-August because our experience seemed to be an anomaly based on reviews. Now that I see others had the same experience we did I thought it was time to share. In short, we ate mid-week on a moderately busy night and were looking forward to a great dining experience. However, what we got was a mediocre meal with poor service at a high price for the area. Very disappointing for a restaurant with so many positive reviews. Makes me wonder if the reviews citing poor service all had the same waitress we did, but we’ll never know because we won’t be coming back.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We were in Hudson for a family weekend visit having spent many summers here with our grandparents. Ca’Mea is located in an older brick building on Warren Street but the interior ambience is stylish and warm. Additionally, my wife and I have had 4 or 5 previous dinners at Ca’Mea; so we were especially looking forward to another great dinner.

However my brother-in-law and I were to be disappointed. We had ordered last Saturday’s evening special Breast of Veal. The presentation was very nice on a bed of pasta and tasty sauce. But then we both cut into the veal and found mostly fat. Given that this entree was priced at $32.00, it should have been a much better cut of meat or at least not so fatty. After bringing the issue to the waiter’s attention, he stated “that was the cut of meat.” I suggest that if Ca’Mea is going to serve two “cuts of meat” to a party of 12 that they share the quality of this particular entree, not charge top dollar or better still take it off the menu.

Been to Ca’Mea Ristorante? Share your experiences!