“Great service, lovely food, nice campsite, big swimming pool”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tsumeb
Kupferquelle Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tsumeb
Reviewed 27 April 2017

GREAT stay at Kupferquelle Resort!
We stayed on the campsite with our 4x4 camper. Beautiful ablution facilities: private with shower and toilet.

Dros restaurant is amazingly good. Great food for a fair price. They serve dinner until they close, breakfast is also available until late. Super friendly staff in the restaurant! Great service.

Supermarket and liquor store on their premises. Both super beautiful stores, supermarket has its own bakery, butcherie and wine cellar.

We had a view in the family rooms and suites as well. They are AMAZING. Very nice decorated, clean and big. All possible facilities available.

Swimming pool is very clean and olympic size. Great for a cool down after a hot day.
Super friendly reception and management staff.

MUST STAY if you are leaving Etosha from the Von Lindequist Gate (Namutoni camp) or search for a place to stay in the Grootfontein area. If you pass by Tsumeb, go for dinner in the Dros restaurant. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Great stay, lovely food, friendly staff, big swimming pool
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The Kupferquelle is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are spectacular. The accommodation on its own is worth 5stars, but unfortunately the restaurant is horrible. The Dros restaurant that is catering for the guests left a sour taste in my mouth. The food is bad and even undercooked at times. Let me not start on their poor service. I would rather book a self-catering unit next time to avoid Dros. The resort also has campsites and an Olympic size pool. The place is awesome and safe.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

To our surprise, this turned out to be by far the best accomodation of our entire trip. Advertised as just three star, to us it easily deserved four.

Brand new, spacious rooms built to a very high standard, right in the Botanical Garden. Even the standard rooms well exceeded the quality experienced elsewhere in four star accomodations in Namibia.
The Olympic size swimming pool was an excellent additional asset that we highly recommend.

The attached restaurant was not exactly our style but certainly a convenient and comfortable place to relax and have breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016

The Kupferquelle Resort is a bit of an oasis on a long drive. My family and I live in Angola, and every now and then make a drive to Windhoek. To break things up, we'll stop here and setup our caravan to camp. The sites are nice and clean, have green grass and plenty of shade from large trees. They all have potable water and reliable power for those with caravans, and the bathrooms are perfect for families with small kids. There is also an olympic sized swimming pool for those who want to get some laps in or just relax a bit after a hot day.

I will note that the last 2 times I was camping there in Oct 2016, I noticed that 3 of the campsites seem to have a lot of bees buzzing around. They were really attracted or irritated by the car and caravan. I just moved a few sites away and notified administration of my move.

The onsite Dros restaurant is also a nice place to grab a bite if you're not feeling like cooking on your own. They've got kids menu's as well as a place outside for kids to play at.

They've been under various levels of construction this past year, but I don't feel that any of it has effected the quality and service I've come to expect.

I've never stayed in their rooms, but I would expect them to be just as nice.

Room Tip: If you're camping, try sites 7-10 as they're closer to the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This was not the first visit but every time is a new experience. The camping sites is big and with nice grass with lots of shade. The ablution is nice and clean. New family bathrooms were added to the list now. There is 24 hour security on the premises and it is an safe place to camp.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsumeb
1.1 km away
2.1 km away
Minen Hotel
Minen Hotel
#4 of 8 in Tsumeb

Been to Kupferquelle Resort? Share your experiences!