All reviews water park heated pool zoom flume evening activities ping pong country pate paddle boating young kids big screen breakfast and dinner dvd player upstate ny pool table food was great all ages henna tattoos magic show
Reviewed 22 July 2017

As others mentioned management is very nice. However, you do not get the resort feel you expect. Upon entering the room you get the smell of a stale musty aroma. There are no phones in the room to call the front office. You have to walk to the office for assistance.The website boast of 2 tv's in the room when actually you get 1 tv by a small sofa which has cable television. The tv on the wall facing the beds can only be used for gaming consoles.There is no cable television on both tv's. My bathtub was clogged making it impossible for my son & husband to shower. There are no mirrors or pictures on the walls in the bathroom. Just a toilet and shower which is so unattractive.The small toiletries were old and stale and the small soap crumbled when opened. Bring your own soap, body wash, wash cloths & towels. Bring your own bed sheets! I found a brown bug in my bed and on the rug. I took the sheets off the bed to inspect. The mattress had a big dried urine stain! The last straw for me was when my family & I went to Zoom Flume upon our return to the room we noticed housekeeping entered the room to clean but left my room door opened! When I went to check out you would expect management to say thank you for your patronage. Thank you for coming. How was your stay? Management said nothing except we will email your receipt! Unacceptable! I was so happy to leave this resort. Mgmt must do better!

Room Tip: Lake Room has best view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DesireeR353
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I'll start with the good: We had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly, the area is beautiful, the food was good, the park was fun, the evening activities at the hotel were great, but... the room was small, not enough toiletries, the bathroom was dark and it didn't feel very clean (although I admit I didn't actually see any dirt -this is just the feeling I had showering there).
All and all 'd like to go back, but I really hope the rooms are updated by then...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank LibbiGR
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on Memorial Day weekend and booked through Gavin's who was sold out. The Country Place was not yet open for the season and appeared to be under new ownership. The owners were on premises for the duration of our stay and were very nice people. Their lack of experience was very apparent however. Upon checking in, I inspected the four rooms our group received. The 2 by the pool, (#22 and #24) were the nicest. Clean, maintain, and quite large for hotels in this area. The third #20 was also large, but had a bad toilet and would not flush well and were were told not to flush toilet paper. The last room #18 was terrible. The rugs were wet in places and smelled musty. The drop ceiling was filled with tiles with stains. The back bedroom smelled like cigarettes and there was ash in the bathtub, even though no one there smokes. This room is also below where the staff sleeps, and you can hear them walking around at times. You can also smell when someone lights a cigarette in the middle of the night, on the balcony above he room, even though no one there smokes.

I am going to give the benefit of the doubt to them as it was before they opened for the season, but small things like no coffee pots or microwaves in the rooms, insufficient toiletries, inexperienced staff. There were not enough towels, and they went to Walmart and bought more. They still had the tags on them when they brought them and when one of us used them, the lint from the cheap colored towels stuck to their wet body. They need to get in a large supply of white hotel towels that they can wash in hot water and bleach the heck out of them. Again, maybe this delivery comes in the next few weeks and solves the problem.

We also lost power one night at like 4 am and could not find anyone in the office to help as it was locked. Once the staff woke up, they reset the breakers and we were good, but there was no phone to call anyone earlier.

The resort is not large, the rooms are though. There is so much potential for this to be a great place to stay, but it needs some investment in new furniture, beds especially, and a experience staff to make it run smoothly. The owners and staff were very nice and did what they could to get us through this weekend.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank Justin T
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

It was just amazing.....We enjoyed so much in the water park...there food nd rooms are very good....employees are very well behaved...We are coming back this year...I love the bonfire...and outside big screen movie at night

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We went last August, and had a blast we will be visiting this resort again this summer. The water park is really clean, night time movie and magic show were both fun to watch. It was enjoyable for the kids and us adults.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family