All reviews water park heated pool zoom flume evening activities ping pong country pate paddle boating young kids big screen breakfast and dinner dvd player upstate ny pool table food was great all ages henna tattoos magic show
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

I visited here with my two sons and husband. We loved the unlimited access to the water park and the evening activities. We were always busy having fun with paddle boats, casino night, karoke and a wave pool party. The resort had multiple play areas for my children and a great bar for the adults. I will definitely be back next year !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Completely run down, outdated ! We were slated to be there 4 nights checked out after 1st night !!! Would've left upon check in but we were exhausted ! Moldy shower curtain missing carpeting soiled carpet box spring was shredded beat up furniture etc property not maintained! Food was gross... U need to choose your dinner at breakfast time???? The staff seemed not to care and I spoke with the owner who was to come to the room to see the shambles but never showed ! I can only hope to save someone from making the mistake of going there!

Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank annette m
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We were first time guests this past week and the property and amenities were more than expected. GREAT views, good food, lots of kids activities! My kids are 14, 12 and 8 and kept busy pretty much every minute when we weren't at zoom flume or off property, between the ping pong and billiards and the resort's heated pool which was open until 10pm.

But of course the big highlight is the fact you can walk over the bridge right to zoom flume water park. Not the biggest park in the world but kept us busy for 3 days! I really enoyed the country feel of it, the bridges and many seating areas, and the waterfall at the bottom of the slide! The family raft ride is great and the kids all got to ZIPLINE which was another highlight of the week! I also liked the wave pool which is pretty new and VERY clean.

Our room was very spacious and had lovely mountain and waterpark views! Night activities while we stayed included casino night, make your own sundae and trivia night. I would have liked a few more activities for sure.

Meals were good, especially the mexican buffet. Stop at the local( 1 mile away) store to have some snacks and drinks on hand in your room because they have none at the resort.

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation in the mountains, I definitely recommend the Country Place Resort over other local resorts because of zoom flume being included.
Everything was clean, staff was friendly and overall it was an excellent vacation! We left the property a few times to mini golf, go-cart and check out the waterfalls- nice to have options in the area!

All in all a nice place. Fancy? no. Fast paced? no. Luxurious? no.

Just a relaxing family style vacation in the mountains and a nice and never crowded waterpark best for kids 5-13 (no huge rides or crazy drops).

3  Thank explorerFAM4
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The reviews and website led us to think this place was going to be a great place for us and our three year old daughter. To be honest we did enjoy ourselves but we could have gone to better places for the price we paid. Some of the things to think about before coming to this place. The water park was fun! The highlight of our trip. Moving forward we have bought season passes to the park and will avoid the resort. the food was good but the service was beyond terrible. Several times we had to walk up to the waitress to have her come over to take our order. the last morning we were there we sat at our table and nobody came over to even ask for our drink order for 15 minutes. with a 3 year old sitting for 2 hours for dinner is a challenge and the wait staff seems less than trained. The advertised heated pool was not heated and the rooms smelled a bit musty. Lastly and most important from a safety standpoint. they playgrounds are a safety hazard. the playground by the dining hall had broken rungs to the ladder and broken monkey bars. Because it is made of wood sharp parts are still hanging off of it which can cause SERIOUS injury to the children that play on them. The other issue with this same playground is it's proximity to the bar. Trashy drunk people swearing is not a great thing to see and hear while your child is playing. All in all we sucked it up had fun but will never go back to the resort.

6  Thank tayl0rm772
Reviewed 26 May 2015

My family desperately needed a getaway over Memorial Day weekend, and The Country Place Resort was the only place I could find in the Catskills with availability. Since the water park next door was not yet open for the season, Country Place was offering a Memorial Weekend special that was fairly good value. The place is definitely not fancy, but the grounds are pretty and well-maintained, with a picturesque lake, a pool, a small playground and numerous outdoor games. Our room was just a glorified motel room (rather disappointingly cramped and dark), but since we didn't spend much time there, it didn't matter too much. The staff was friendly and helpful, and best of all, there were several kids my daughter's age and she had a blast playing at the pool with them. I'm not sure I'd want to come here with the water park open, as it's really close by and there would be a huge amount of noise going on all day, but off season it was a nice place to relax and chill.

Room tip: Try to get a second floor room facing the lake.
Date of stay: May 2015
2  Thank Sarah C
ed k, Owner at The Country Place Resort at Zoom Flume Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your getaway. Surprisingly, the resort stays low key and roomy while the park is bustling and busy during the season. That's what most of our guests enjoy most about staying with us, they can get the fun and excitement of the crowds at the park and then relax and unwind at the resort. It sounds like you stayed in one of our standard rooms which are the most economical but with a great view of the lake. Might we recommend the one bedroom suite for your next stay? They have been completely remodeled and are 50% bigger than the standard room with a nice sitting area. We invite you to try us in season and see what we have to offer, we think you will be pleasantly surprised.