See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

If I could give this place a 0 star I would. I didn't even stay there yet and I have already had a terrible experience. I booked through Travelocity which stated that there was a free cancelation. Life happens so I had to call to cancel my reservation for reasons that are not important. Anyway, in the booking conformation for Travelocity it says to call the business to cancel your stay. I called the motel and when the first woman answered the phone, I said "I would like to cancel my reservation" she started yelling nonstop about how I can't cancel my reservation 24 hours before I stay and just kept saying a bunch of stuff and I was extremely confused because it got to a point that I had no idea what she was talking about. She then handed the phone to another woman. Well, while trying to explain my situation to her, she insisted on talking over me and then hung up the phone on me! I called back and got the same woman and asked why she hung up and she proceeded to give the phone to yet ANOTHER WOMAN. This woman proceeded to tell me that there is no cancelations even though it says on Travelocity FOR THEIR MOTEL that I could cancel. So basically, they are going to charge me for a room that I am not staying in and they were extremely rude and unprofessional about the entire situation. They have no idea what customer service is. And now after reading the other reviews on this place, I'm glad I'm not staying there! The place sounds like a dump!

Stayed: September 2016
3  Thank apotkulski
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Been there twice. Didnt post a review the first time. But it well deserves a good review for their hospitality. So thought about writing it this time. Lilly who is the owner of the place put all her effort in making sure that we enjoyed our stay. We are a family of 5. Got 2 rooms. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and tidy. Well kept. We were treated like a family. Love u guys.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank binnymaxx
Reviewed 29 May 2016

This place is a skip off the North end of the Taconic Parkway. If you were recently released from a penitentiary, or rented a room-by-the-hour, then this is your type of place. Pictures of the room posted of this place is not even CLOSE to what our room looked like. Room entrance key was very difficult to operate.Walls are patched with compound, the carpet - not clean, and the bathroom towel rack missing parts. On to the shower - stall - where the 'hot' water was 1 degree above body temp, and your feet stood in the puddle of your shower soap/water as it didn't drain well at all. Beds were hard, heard the guy snoring next to us. A scary : 'NO-REFUNDS' sign at the front desk should have been the early warning to check out the room BEFORE signing. I have stayed in hunting cabins that had a HEALTHIER, CLEANER place to offer. Next time I will travel East down the road another few mins. to Great Barrington, MA where you will find places, keep in mind I say that as a Retired person as cost is a factor.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank mainezman
Reviewed 24 May 2016

We recently stayed at the Elm Tree Motel. We were in the area for a wedding and being a graduation weekend the properties we normally stay at were sold out. The Elm Tree Motel had vacancies and we booked. We knew it was an old style motel and on the budget side. What we didn't know is that it was grimy. I didn't get in the shower for 2 days. My husband did and he got a foot wash because the drain didn't work properly. The water in the sink was cold. Our room was just worn and tired. Beds were uncomfortable, rug dirty. Oh, bring your hairdryer, shower soap, shampoo and conditioner because what they provided was not adequate. The office is always locked so you have to ring the bell if you need anything. That was not at all welcoming. Budget is great but it should be a clean, welcoming and have decent beds and a shower and sink that worked. I can't recommend this property.

Room Tip: Bring a hairdryer, shower soap, conditioner and anything and everything you might need
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I have been to this motel for the last few years. I have nothing but only say good things about this wonderful motel. The owners go out of themselves to help the customers. They were very cordial and friendly. The motel is surrounded by a spectacular mountain view. The rooms were very comfortable and comfy. I enjoyed my stay every time.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo